LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner
August 2016

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700 cc
Color: Blue / silver
Rear floorboards for under 50 bucks

I just bought a 2009 Vulcan and I already started to add things to it. My wife hated the small foot pegs so I looked for oem and after market floorboards but was shocked at the price. I made my own for around 50 bucks. I went to metal supermarkets 18 dollars and bought 2 pieces of 1/4" aluminium plate 4 x 10" . I also bought a 1" square bar stock and cut 2 pieces 5 -1/4" long. I cut the corners with my chop saw ( a carbide blade will cut aluminium ) and then rounded off the corners with a file. I took the square stock and rounded the ends to fit into the stock brackets. I then placed the flat plate onto the bar stock and rotated it until it was horizontal. Mark the holes for the pin from the original peg and drill the hole. Take the pieces to a qualified aluminium welder he charged me 20 buck and make sure you mark on what side of the square stock to weld the plate on so that it lines up with the holes you drilled to keep the footboard level. I glued a piece of rubber on the top plate and blacked out the bottom. I don't know how to post pics but send me your email and I will send pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymankirk View Post
I just bought a 2009 Vulcan and I already started to add things to it. My wife hated the small foot pegs so I looked for oem and after market floorboards but was shocked at the price. I made my own for around 50 bucks. I went to metal supermarkets 18 dollars and bought 2 pieces of 1/4" aluminium plate 4 x 10" . I also bought a 1" square bar stock and cut 2 pieces 5 -1/4" long. I cut the corners with my chop saw ( a carbide blade will cut aluminium ) and then rounded off the corners with a file. I took the square stock and rounded the ends to fit into the stock brackets. I then placed the flat plate onto the bar stock and rotated it until it was horizontal. Mark the holes for the pin from the original peg and drill the hole. Take the pieces to a qualified aluminium welder he charged me 20 buck and make sure you mark on what side of the square stock to weld the plate on so that it lines up with the holes you drilled to keep the footboard level. I glued a piece of rubber on the top plate and blacked out the bottom. I don't know how to post pics but send me your email and I will send pics.
Would love to see pics see email address below

Ray "PapaBear" Sloan
05 VN2KA2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Will like to see pics.
See email.
[email protected]

TCRIDER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08' CLASSIC 900

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 09:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to LarrHa
Quote:

Please send pix to [email protected]
Thanks !!

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Mustang seat with backrest
Cobra luggage rack
Cobra Freeway Bars
Cobra chrome radiator grill cover
Stebel horn
LED accent lighting system by LEDLights4Bikes.Com
Kustom Kaddy drink holder
AutoCom system
Daytona tank bag

2009 Kawasaki 1700 Vulcan Voyager with ABS
Kuryakyn grips
Kuryakyn highway pegs
AutoCom system
LED accent lighting system by LEDLights4Bikes.Com
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 PM

rather than do all the fab work I just bought a pair of the universal floorboards for 50 bucks and indexed them to level and drilled a hole thru the pegs and left the rubber on for more vibration deadening. My wife luvs them and we did a 3700 mile ride in may with no foot fatigue. Bison Mike 2009 Vulcan Classic dual pipes ( home mod ) bar bag and not much else other than floor boards and throttle rocker
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison Mike View Post
rather than do all the fab work I just bought a pair of the universal floorboards for 50 bucks and indexed them to level and drilled a hole thru the pegs and left the rubber on for more vibration deadening. My wife luvs them and we did a 3700 mile ride in may with no foot fatigue. Bison Mike 2009 Vulcan Classic dual pipes ( home mod ) bar bag and not much else other than floor boards and throttle rocker
Interested in your idea, could/would you post a pic or two. I was thinking of doing something like that for the passenger and driver pegs on my Custom.

2016 Indian Dark Horse Chief w/Distressed tan leather
2010 VN 900 Custom SE Tourer
F&S SE Back Rest w/3" extensions
Roadkrome Sturgis Hardbags
Corbin Dual Tourer
Turn Signals w/Smoke Covers
Genmar Risers
Black Mirrors
Black 09 SE Pipes Stage 2 De-baffle
Blacked-Out Handlebar Controls
2008 HD FLH Fairing w/stereo and 6in shield
CC Crash Bar Black
Passenger and driver Floor Boards (Chrome)
Pirelli 200 Rear&90/90 Front

USCG CWO (Ret)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison Mike View Post
got any pics and where did you get a set of universal floor boards for 50 dollars?

Ray "PapaBear" Sloan
05 VN2KA2

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM

I just ordered these for $45 with shipping for my 09 SE. I am just going to paint them black.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350386973154
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 PM

actually I got them from JandP for 39.95 plus shipping. They state they are for Harleys but like any good do it yourselfer just look figure out difficulties and move on . The Harleys use a 1 inch round mont for their boards so this makes the boards work as i previously stated as the Kawi pegs with rubber is 1 inch Bison Mike. Also will post pics as soon as I can
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 11:00 PM

Hey Blakeh those are the same as mine. Hope they work out like mine did. Bison Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode