What kind of saddlebags do you have?(anyone with Beetlebags?) - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

What kind of saddlebags do you have?(anyone with Beetle Bags?)

I am looking around for some saddlebags for my '09 Custom. I was curious what some of you guys had and liked. Would love to see some pictures too!

I was talking to a dealer and he mentioned Mike Corbin's "Beetle Bags." I have looked them up and really like them, but don't know how they would do on a Custom instead of a Classic. Or how they would do on a '09 since that year model isn't listed on the website. If anyone does have them what is your overall impression? Will they work with passenger floorboards?(cobra swept) I have a sissybar so as far as spacing for mounting I think that I am fine.

Here is the link to them...

http://www.corbin.com/kawasaki/kv900bag.shtml

Am not sure if I really want hard bags or not, but I think that these look great and don't "slow the look" of the bike as my wife says...

Thanks for the help!!!

Targett

2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
Candy Burnt Orange
Small OEM Windsheild
Stage I Debaffle on Stock Pipes
Swingwing Forward Pegs
Kurykan Shifter Cover
Kurykan Foot Brake Cover
Cobra Sissy Bar
Cobra Swept Passenger Foorboards
Working on some other customization now...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Targett3997; 08-19-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 PM

I doubt they would work, unless you put a classic fender on a custom (bolts right up)
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

What types of bags do any of you have on your 900's? I am still looking and just wanted to hear from users rather than pick one and be dissatisfied.

Targett

2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
Candy Burnt Orange
Small OEM Windsheild
Stage I Debaffle on Stock Pipes
Swingwing Forward Pegs
Kurykan Shifter Cover
Kurykan Foot Brake Cover
Cobra Sissy Bar
Cobra Swept Passenger Foorboards
Working on some other customization now...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Top Contributor

I've got Saddlemen jumbo teardrops on my Classic. They're alright. If I was going to do it over I'd get hard bags, but that's on a Classic. I don't know how they'd look on a Custom. Right off hand, I'd say leather might look better on a Custom.

Those Beetle Bags look really nice, but those prices!!! I've got a Corbin seat and I will attest to their quality and customer service (both top notch). But that's a lot for bags.

Whatever you get, I'd highly recommend some sort of quick release set up.

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Braske View Post
I've got Saddlemen jumbo teardrops on my Classic. They're alright. If I was going to do it over I'd get hard bags, but that's on a Classic. I don't know how they'd look on a Custom. Right off hand, I'd say leather might look better on a Custom.

Those Beetle Bags look really nice, but those prices!!! I've got a Corbin seat and I will attest to their quality and customer service (both top notch). But that's a lot for bags.

Whatever you get, I'd highly recommend some sort of quick release set up.
Bill,
Should you ever decide to go with the hard bags, I might be interested in your Jumbos. I have the same bags in the Large size and wish I had gone with the Jumbos...

2016 Indian Dark Horse Chief w/Distressed tan leather
2010 VN 900 Custom SE Tourer
F&S SE Back Rest w/3" extensions
Roadkrome Sturgis Hardbags
Corbin Dual Tourer
Turn Signals w/Smoke Covers
Genmar Risers
Black Mirrors
Black 09 SE Pipes Stage 2 De-baffle
Blacked-Out Handlebar Controls
2008 HD FLH Fairing w/stereo and 6in shield
CC Crash Bar Black
Passenger and driver Floor Boards (Chrome)
Pirelli 200 Rear&90/90 Front

USCG CWO (Ret)
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 08:03 AM

I've got a set of the OEM bags on my 09 Custom SE and am very happy with them. I wish they were a little deeper, but that would be my only change. The bags I have are the Alamo bags in std width. http://www.kawasaki.com/KawasakiNew/...CategoryID=160

-RW
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 08:11 AM

Finally heard from my stealership that my Saddlemen hard mount bags are in for my '09 Classic. Will pick them up today or tomorrow, mount them and then post pics. I was told that these bags were specifically made for the VN 900s. Stay tuned.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Top Contributor

I've got Viking bags on my Custom, love um. The company gets a lot of bad press for bad customer service, but the bags are holding up well and they have a few different styles.

Screw it! Lets Ride
'08' 900 Custom

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGCWO View Post
Bill,
Should you ever decide to go with the hard bags, I might be interested in your Jumbos. I have the same bags in the Large size and wish I had gone with the Jumbos...
Will do, but I will probably keep these til the sun disintegrates them.

BTW, I had a problem with them sagging to the point where they were rubbing the frame (5 lb per bag limit, my ass! I was a little abusive), so I got 2 plastic cutting boards 1/4" thick and cut them to fit the back of the bags. Then I bolted them on along with the little hook thing that goes over the support. Now I can put almost anything in 'em! We've done our grocery shopping, milk jugs & all and not had a problem.

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 PM

I have seen those beetles on a 1600 classic in laconia. man they look real nice and mold to the bike sweet. Price is nuts but you get what you pay for.

2003 Vulcan 1600
Hard Chrome 3"
Caddman Mod
PC III
White Bros Beach Bars
Ness Mirrors
Cobra Spots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode