Solo seats for VN900 Classic - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Solo seats for VN900 Classic

Anydbody have an input on solo seats for an 09 vn900? Im looking at the willie and max black label. I also heard on here the saddlemen moves your riding position a little forward. Is this the same with the willie and max?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:09 PM

I also heard the saddleman moves you forward I am looking for a solo seat for my custom and I want the one that sits me the furthest back
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:09 AM

I bought the Saddlemen Flame stitch Solo for my '09 custom because I liked the looks of it on the bike. I quickly returned it though for two reasons: one, it moved me forward about an inch and since I'm 6'2" that little bit was big. And two, the "comfort gel" heated up so much in the sun during the day that on the ride home I thought my bumm was going to catch fire!

I ended up buying the Willie and Max solo seat. No gel inside and it feels like I sit a little further back than stock which I like. Comfort wise, it's a little better than stock but I'm not sure I would want to ride 400 miles on it. It's still new so it hasn't broken in completely. Maybe it'll be better once it has.

As far as looks, I like the way it looks on the Vulcan but I think I like the look of the Saddlemen just a little better. It's hard to describe, but the back bottom portion of the Willie and Max seat is wider than the fender so it looks a little odd when viewing it from behind. Not my bike, but you can see what I'm talking about here: https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ght=willie+max

Personally I like the look of the Granucci seat the best on our bikes. There's two reasons I didn't go with that one though: one, it's really thin and doesn't look like much padding and two, you have to remove the locking mechanism from the fender and drill a hole in the fender to attach the back of the seat. This was something I didn't want to do.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Top Contributor

I too own a W&M solo. Love the looks but I too like the look of the saddleman better but did not want the seat to move me up and forward. The W&M moves you a bit back but is not made for long trips. Mine is pretty much new and haven't had a chance to break it inn but I don't think it will offer much comforness even after a few thousand miles. I don't see my self taking this one over my OEM gel on long trips. But again still looks good and for city short trips is awsome.

Gitty Up & Go!

2007 VN 900 Custom modifications:
Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Top Contributor

Send a message via AIM to doughrek
I have a saddlemen solo seat flame stitch for the Classic forsale if you are interested.. Basically brand new, only used 2 or 3 rides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode