Integrated rear light w/turn signals built in ANYONE HAVE EM ? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Integrated rear light w/turn signals built in ANYONE HAVE EM ?

Anyone purchase the integrated rear light with turn signals integrated it comes in smoked or clear lense also.Just wondering how to eliminate the turn signals stock on my 900 custom and install the integrated rear lightw/turn signals built in It looks real clean Anyone have them PLease Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutVulcan View Post
Anyone purchase the integrated rear light with turn signals integrated it comes in smoked or clear lense also.Just wondering how to eliminate the turn signals stock on my 900 custom and install the integrated rear lightw/turn signals built in It looks real clean Anyone have them PLease Reply
My $0.02 + Tax... I haven't done it on this bike, but from experience with my sporbike: don't do it. I agree, it looks clean as heck. But after several comments during group rides ("can't see your darn signals!!!"), I ended up putting the stock signals back on. Besides, since there are legal requirements as far as distance between the left and right signals, I personnaly don't need to give our fine police force an additional excuse to pull me over Did you consider the license plate frames with integrated Brake/Running/Turn Signal LEDs? I think they provice better visibility, while giving a better level of separation left/right.

2009 VN900 Custom - VROC #32967 - Sportbike defector
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
our customs look sweet with all the crap removed from the back...

i got a side mount plate and am installing bullet lights within a week or so (when they get here) and ripping that dang bracket off!!!!

with that said, i agree with breizh that having everything clumped together can be confusing... i think our tail lights look nice with smoke or clear lenses... then just add smaller turn lights somewhere else?!?! the stock ones are ok, but big and bulky...

also... definitely consider the state regulations... not sure where you are from but i know in jersey they do require a red reflector in the rear of the bike?!?! which i will not have unless i find some where to add one?!?! i may have to just add some reflective tape along the edge of the fender if they make a fuss about it.

the LED strips look sweet on the edge of the fender also... and they have them for brake & turn signals all in one!

'02 Drifter 1500
... just an awesome ride!

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

im from PA down 81 from you in jersey I do like the light that sticks on the edge of the fender I think it just sticks on right I just dont know how to wire it I guess when I take everything apart ill figure it out I like the plate on the side like that
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Top Contributor

I have one and love it. If you get the clear lense this thing has like 100 very bright LED's. When I've done group rides so far no negative comments. half the unit becomes the turn signal and again very very bright. The red LED's for when you stop are very bright as well.

Gitty Up & Go!

2007 VN 900 Custom modifications:
Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to gillahoon Send a message via Yahoo to gillahoon
i am form pa too were at
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

GREENCASTLE PA DOWN 81 towards maryland line
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode