Cobra Fi2000r fuel management system and Baron Big air ordered and on it's way!!!!!!! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Cool Cobra Fi2000r fuel management system and Baron Big air ordered and on it's way!!!!!!!

I finally have my Baron Air intake and Cobra fuel management system ordered, it'll be here in about 4 days. I already have Cobra Dragster pipes on my bike (2008 900 classic). Anyone install these on thier vn 900 and have any helpful advise as far as installation and set up? Everything I have read about these two products make it sound and look fairly easy. I can't wait to get them and get them put on. Not that my bike dosn't run great and have plenty of power, but I'm sure there will be a noticeble improvemnet. Summer is going by way to fast! I sure hope we have a mild fall here in NY. I'd like to be able to ride into November. Thanks to any helpful advice and good riding!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 07:02 PM

I to have the BAK and recently installed the FI200r. I found that the best setting for my bike (09 900 Classic) was 2-2-1. I also have a tach installed as well and for me the 2 setting set the idle to the correct level. Suggestion, use a botte nose pliar to remove the fuel injector connectors. If you have big fingers, you will have problems. You'll also need to take off the BAK as well to access the injectors, there is no way arround that. Enjoy and ride safe.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:09 AM

Hello- I just recently purchased a close out 09 custom and just finish putting on Cobra Dragsters and the Fi2000r. As far as the install went on the Fi, it took about 45 min for me to complete start to finish. pretty straight forward as I'm a novice. Still tinkering with the settings, but there is a small, but noticable difference so far. Need to upgrade intake and I should be done- for awhile anyway.

2009 Custom 900
Cobra dragsters
Fi2000r
Mustang seat
Shorty Shield
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode