Linbar Installation --- NEED HI REZ PICS - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Linbar Installation --- NEED HI REZ PICS

Hey all... I am sick of the dealer telling me it won't work and want to get a bracket fabricated so they will fit on my Custom. Not sure if someone has already done this or not, but it clearly needs to be installed further forward than the custom's foot pegs are... so I need a special bracket.

if anyone has one installed on their classic, i'd appreciate pics of the front where they attach to the forward bolt of the footboards. i'm also gonna look on line for higher res. pics of the classic's setup...

THANKS!

'02 Drifter 1500
... just an awesome ride!

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagered View Post
Hey all... I am sick of the dealer telling me it won't work and want to get a bracket fabricated so they will fit on my Custom. Not sure if someone has already done this or not, but it clearly needs to be installed further forward than the custom's foot pegs are... so I need a special bracket.

if anyone has one installed on their classic, i'd appreciate pics of the front where they attach to the forward bolt of the footboards. i'm also gonna look on line for higher res. pics of the classic's setup...

THANKS!
What sort of problems are you having? Pegs too close to bar or bar just won't fit on bike due to mounting problems?

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic with foot controls swapped off of a custom.
Mustang Daytripper, HardKrome sideburner exhaust, slammed down 2"-3" in the rear
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Top Contributor

I saw a Harley at Hells Kitchen a few weeks ago that had forward controls with a Linbar. He had taken some flat stock and used it to extend the bottom mounts forward to clear the controls. Should work the same on a custom. Sorry no pictures.

Screw it! Lets Ride
'08' 900 Custom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
yea that's what i figured... i need to extend the bracket forward.

not having any problems yet... haven't bought them! i want them though... i thought about the forward controls but thats another big expense i didn't want to spend money on yet.

thanks

'02 Drifter 1500

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
Quote:

THANKS!
I hope these help.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
thanks ken...

actually, i don't know what they are talking about because it looks like we have the same setup... 2 mounting brackets welded to the frame that my peg bracket and your board bracket goes to?!?! wtf chuck?

(um yea.... the bolt?!?! i found one missing after a ride and the local dealer had to ORDER one?!?! so i got that from home depot for the time being...)

'02 Drifter 1500

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green

Last edited by jagered; 08-08-2010 at 04:58 PM.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
the only thing that looks off is the space around the bolt... the custom bracket is limited because of the welded pieces around the bolt?!?! hmmm...

'02 Drifter 1500

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
Quote:
the only thing that looks off is the space around the bolt... the custom bracket is limited because of the welded pieces around the bolt?!?! hmmm...
There was a guy who rode a green custom on here awhile back that had a Lindbar he was selling. It looks like the darn thing should just bolt on. Have you called the guys from Lindby?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDawg View Post
There was a guy who rode a green custom on here awhile back that had a Lindbar he was selling. It looks like the darn thing should just bolt on. Have you called the guys from Lindby?
I had emailed them a while back when I was looking for an engine guard for my custom. They told me that it would not fit the custom cause of the position of the foot controls. I ended up going with the Cobra engine guards.

-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:26 PM

Seems to me if you had a grinder you could make it fit just have to touch up bracket after.

Live to ride and keep it safe
Robert

2011 Victory Vision pearl white/ Pearl the White Lady
1999 VN800b4 classic
Mods
1 kury iso flame grips
2 cobra slash pipes
3 cobra floor boards
4 MS fats windscreen
5 kury iso highway peggs
6 kawi light bar
7 kury mirrors