Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

got my lowers

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Nimoy 
#1 ·
I got my lowers from ironsinthefire@abe.midco.net. Haven't got a chance to really test them out but they seem like a great product. Really match the lines of the bike. Can't wait to put them to the test. Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Headlamp Light

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

See less See more
#3 ·
looks great!

#4 ·
Got My Lowers:Irons In The Fire Lowers

I got my lowers from ironsinthefire@abe.midco.net. Haven't got a chance to really test them out but they seem like a great product. Really match the lines of the bike. Can't wait to put them to the test. View attachment 1461

View attachment 1462
Thanks Nimoy, very nice bike and great pics, mind if I use them for site? Email above works for contacts as well as contact page on site,(http://ironsinthefire.webs.com). You WILL definitely notice a difference, ride safe!

#5 ·
I got mine too. They went straight from the mail box to the bike.

The wind was blowing from the south about 15 to 20 mph. Took it up to 70 with a head wind, tail wind, and cross wind from both sides. No helmet buffeting. I'm amazed!

Only problem is... The lowers hit my engine guards. They hit so bad that the chrome bracket even hit when I removed the lexan.
They don't hit when riding. I even did the tightest U-turn I'm capable of without hitting. Manuvering in the driveway and garage may be problematic though.

#6 ·
These lowers are nice, and I'm real happy with my set here too.

As I still want to eventually add an engine guard, I wonder if the Lindby Linbars would be less of a problem since their widest part appears to be a few inches lower. Has anyone here put IITF lowers on with their Lindby bars yet?

#8 ·
Nimoy didn't mention any interference with his. What bars do you have installed Nimoy, and do they hit your lowers? My bars are OEM and you can see from the profile picture how they angle foward.

So OEM bars and IITF lowers are not the best combination.
Unless I'm trying to turn around on a sidewalk I should be okay.:D
I definately will not be locking the handle bars. I never have yet though, so that doesn't bother me.
I'm not going to modify the lowers unless I absolutely have to. We'll see after I get a few miles in.

#9 ·
My biggest interest and concern is how they will work with the cobra driving light bar. I guess I would need some measurement on where things line up and be able to go from there.
I know from what I have read that Waterboys lowers are really nice, are bigger then factory ones. So they seem to block more.

#10 ·
I have a Cobra guard which mounts in front of the bike frame. I have the OEM lowers which are a bit narrower than Ironsinthefire and mine just touch the guards at full bar turn. Mine do not totally stop the buffeting so the wider is probably better if you can handle it considering guards and light bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.