Passenger seat hardware - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: V2K Does it matter what year??
Displacement/CC's: A Shitload
Color: Black+Gun Metal
Garage
Passenger seat hardware

I think I should post this in the classifieds but us beast riders don't mingle that well with the rest of them Vulcan riders, I'm looking to get a couple of brackets that go under the pinion seat, the one that has the latch that hold the passenger seat in place, I'm trying to do a quick detach thingy for my solo rack but I did not find the piece in partzilla, looks they do not sell it separate.
If any one has a passenger seat for reasonable I would be willing to buy the whole thing, it can be the slender type of the VN2000A or the wide seat of the classic.
All this has to do with me wanting to make a quick tranformer of my beast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
salu2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chanoc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Lifetime Premium

I've ordered a new Mustang seat and I'll be selling the current Corbin set I have on there, but as a set.....probably not the cheapest option but that's out there if you wish.........

06 V2K Classic Lt
HardKrome Big Straights
Kurakyn Hypercharger Intake
Dynojet Power Commander 3
Mustang seats.......
Therapy on 2 wheels with a comfy seat...

Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentonC View Post
I've ordered a new Mustang seat and I'll be selling the current Corbin set I have on there, but as a set.....probably not the cheapest option but that's out there if you wish.........
@ Trenton: Probly not in line with what I want to do but you made me curious, I have a friend that raves about his Corbin seat and I know they are expen$$ive, how come the change?? I already have a Mustang on mine but I need to add a gel pad or retrofit some of the foam inside to avoid the tailbone ache on long rides, after a couple of hours or a few hundred miles it get uncomfortable.
The one my friend has looks well made but I do not like the look of it, goes to high in the back and makes it look to much like a saddle, that might be the very thing that makes it confortable for him.

salu2

Chanoc

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 08:33 AM
Top Contributor

I've got one I can send you (the latch for the pillion seat). I've got an extra one. You're a man after my own heart. I've got my bike set up so I can go from touring to "bagger" in about 10 minutes or less. My windshield is just 4 bolts and can go on or off in about 2 minutes.

You say you've got a Mustang. I assume a 2-piece? Here's something I discovered: I can leave the latch off and just leave the little 2-bolt loop thingie that the pillion hooks into on the bike. Then when I put the seat on, it's firmly wedged between the loop and the front seat. The seat can be put on or off in about 15 seconds. I've ridden it plenty like this with no one on the back and it doesn't go anywhere. With the wife on, it's not going anywhere for sure. If we travel I put the latch on, mostly because in that situation I'm not gonna do any solo riding anyway. With just the loop on, I can go from dual seat to solo as fast as I can wiggle the seat off and take the loop off. I replaced all the little bolts with chrome ones, so it looks good (Ace Hardware sells chrome bolts).

Here's what my rear fender looks like in its stripped down state:

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Lifetime Premium

Hi Chanoc......regarding your thoughts on the Mustang vs/ Corbin: by any chance did the Mustang come with the bike from a PO, or did you install it?
I had a mustang on my previous bike (a Suzuki C50) and liked the way it reclined a bit more and had the more 90 deg angle at the base. The saddle like seat on the Corbin puts pressure on my tailbone or gives me numb-bum depending on how I fidget. Even a gel pad on top only forestalls it for a bit.
The reason I ask about the PO is that I am starting to believe that once a seat is broken in to one person's butt, it's only good for them.....lol My cousin has an M109 with a Corbin and wouldn't part with it for the world, but same thing: If he trades rides for a bit he's dyin'. If it weren't for the angle thing, I'd probably re-cushion the Corbin to my tastes and go with it.
That being said, once I get the Mustang on this beast I may not find it any better than the Corbn but unfortunately I have to shell out a grand just to try it. Either way, I'll sell the one I don't like to recoup some of the loss but I'm hoping it's as good a fit for me as it was on my old scoot.

06 V2K Classic Lt
HardKrome Big Straights
Mustang seats.......

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 07:53 AM
Top Contributor

Corbin are really nice, but they're not for everyone. They have a firm feel that, if you like it, you love it. I had one on my 900 that I loved. My V2K (2nd one) came with a Corbin Dual Tour, but I ended up with the Mustang because it's 2-piece and can be switched from 2-up to solo easily. Plus, it's just as comfy (in a different way).

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
[quote=Bill Braske;2414882]
Quote:
I've got one I can send you (the latch for the pillion seat). I've got an extra one. You're a man after my own heart. I've got my bike set up so I can go from touring to "bagger" in about 10 minutes or less. My windshield is just 4 bolts and can go on or off in about 2 minutes.
Bill: Thanx a bunch, I really like that, how can we make it happen? I will send a PM and just tell me how to proceed.

Quote:
You say you've got a Mustang. I assume a 2-piece? Here's something I discovered: I can leave the latch off and just leave the little 2-bolt loop thingie that the pillion hooks into on the bike. Then when I put the seat on, it's firmly wedged between the loop and the front seat. The seat can be put on or off in about 15 seconds. I've ridden it plenty like this with no one on the back and it doesn't go anywhere. With the wife on, it's not going anywhere for sure. If we travel I put the latch on, mostly because in that situation I'm not gonna do any solo riding anyway. With just the loop on, I can go from dual seat to solo as fast as I can wiggle the seat off and take the loop off. I replaced all the little bolts with chrome ones, so it looks good (Ace Hardware sells chrome bolts).
I would not have thought of that, guess the latch is just extra security, I do have a Mustang that came from the PO, it really "seats" very nice with the look of the bike (I've come to the conclusion that it is the best combo of good looks, quality of craftsmanship and comfort). When I got the bike, the PO gave me the original seats but it seems he had already parted with the rider back rest of the mustang and that he never had the passenger mustang seat, tryimg to fiddle with it I found out the slender seat (that I was told is very uncomfortable by the PO's wife) fits like a charm with the mustang, makes it look like a V2K Mean Streak, only beefier, more better, also the wide stock seat from a V2K classic fits very well with the mustang (that was not the case with my 1600) and it got me thinking the I can have the slender pinion seat, the wide seat and the solo rack with the hardware to swap as I please to however suits my mood.
I also have the fairing that comes off with just 4 bolts (1 min with coffee in hand) and I want to set up hte hardbags and the sissybar to be almost snap on and off and I got a perfect transformer Beast. Sporty to bar-hopper to solo touring to 2up full touring all in a snap.

Quote:
Here's what my rear fender looks like in its stripped down state:
That is a really nice looking bike, it looks awesome prep for solo riding, good angle for the pic also, really shows out the wide hips on her, I wish I had one like that!
Hey! I DO HAVE ONE LIKE THAT!!!, Man, I very happy with this bike.

salu2

Chanoc
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
[quote=TrentonC;2414938]
Quote:
Hi Chanoc......regarding your thoughts on the Mustang vs/ Corbin: by any chance did the Mustang come with the bike from a PO, or did you install it?
@Trent : The mustang did come with the bike from PO, probly the only thing in that deal was that I did not get the backrest and the passenger mustang seat but that lead me to keep the ones from my 1600, the backrest is the same (highly recomend you get the seat WITH a backrest, it is definitely worth it), the rear seat need work to fit the V2K hardware cus the difference in seat pan. I managed to get the whole set for about $300.

[quote=TrentonC;2414938]
Quote:
The saddle like seat on the Corbin puts pressure on my tailbone or gives me numb-bum depending on how I fidget. Even a gel pad on top only forestalls it for a bit.
I am working on getting a gelpad combined with a sheepskin to check out how well it fixes the numb butt syndrome.

[quote=TrentonC;2414938]
Quote:
The reason I ask about the PO is that I am starting to believe that once a seat is broken in to one person's butt, it's only good for them.....lol
The MUSTANG ON MY 1600 I did buy new and it does not feel different, I think it might not be us breaking in the seat as much as the seat breaking in us, so it's just some butts are harder to break in.

[quote=TrentonC;2414938]
Quote:
That being said, once I get the Mustang on this beast I may not find it any better than the Corbn but unfortunately I have to shell out a grand just to try it. Either way, I'll sell the one I don't like to recoup some of the loss but I'm hoping it's as good a fit for me as it was on my old scoot.
From what I've seen, Corbin makes really nice stuff, the integrated hardbags look very, very good. they are just to f'n expensive, 3/4 of what yur paying is just the name and the location they are at, I would not ever bring myself to overpay like that (that is also why I will never go for a MAC product).

salu2

Chanoc
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanoc1077 View Post

From what I've seen, Corbin makes really nice stuff, the integrated hardbags look very, very good. they are just to f'n expensive, 3/4 of what yur paying is just the name and the location they are at, I would not ever bring myself to overpay like that (that is also why I will never go for a MAC product).
I have 2 family members, both with M109's and Corbin seats who love 'em, but for me this one is just NQR (Not Quite Rite...lol)
I have the gel but it still is the wrong angle.

I have the "Leatherlyke: hard bags, and quite like them, but much of what is on here came from the PO, whoever that was. Lucky for me the PO's tastes were much like mine, so I've only had to make minor tweaks to be totally happy with the look.

06 V2K Classic Lt
HardKrome Big Straights
Mustang seats.......

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 07:56 AM
Top Contributor

I have the Corbin bags for mine. They were on the bike when I got it
[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x145/notalane/IMG_5220_zps53d5d5f5_1.jpg/IMG]

I always thought the same thing: No way in hell am I gonna pay that kind of money for saddlebags. But man, these are nice bags. They stay dry, they look great and they're roomy. And they look great (did I already say that?). They fit like they're made for the bike, because they are. And the paint matching is really good. I only wish they stretched a little lower. And they're not quick release. I bet it takes me 5 minutes to take them off (coffee in hand, of course)!

Last edited by Bill Braske; 04-25-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode