WTB: VN1500A-10 seat - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

WTB: VN1500A-10 seat

I have a VN1500A-10 (1996 Vulcan "88") and would like to get a new seat. Tried Mustang, they don't make anything anymore for my model. Left emails at Saddlemen, and Corbin, but Saddlemen doesn't respond, and Corbin keeps sending me to the only thing they have and it's listed for a Classic, not an A-10. I have been told that the two seats are different and NOT interchangable, but Corbin doesn't seem to think so. I have sent an email to Sergeant Seats in Jacksonville (they make custom seats from scratch), but no answer yet. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 11:12 PM

I have a 1500 c3 "88", still trying to figure what it is compatible with. It does have a great seat on it, very comfy. Road 2 hours, with only a 10 minute rest, and no numb butt at all, it was great, especially with how the bike rumbles.

Let me take the seat off this weekend to see what it is, will let you know. Would think you could get a price on a good used one for sure.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Vulcan "88" seat issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoisington View Post
I have a 1500 c3 "88", still trying to figure what it is compatible with. It does have a great seat on it, very comfy. Road 2 hours, with only a 10 minute rest, and no numb butt at all, it was great, especially with how the bike rumbles.

Let me take the seat off this weekend to see what it is, will let you know. Would think you could get a price on a good used one for sure.
Thanks. I currently have a Corbin RoadKing that also is extremely comfortable. but the passenger seat has a high rise back that comes about 4 inches above the sissy bar. Too high to get my fat ass leg over most of the time. If I could cut the thing down about 7-8" (just enough to keep the babe from sliding off the back-LOL), it'd be perfect. Anyway, any insight you could lend would be greatly appreciated.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

PS: I found this website that shows all the exploded diagrams for OEM parts and part numbers. It's called www.speedsupplies.com Great resource for finding exact details on parts for any model bike, any year. Hope this helps you someday as it's done me.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Banned

call me if your still looking 6022754911eves

Last edited by louichie; 06-10-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added phone #
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 07:23 PM

Question roadking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyy View Post
Thanks. I currently have a Corbin RoadKing that also is extremely comfortable. but the passenger seat has a high rise back that comes about 4 inches above the sissy bar. Too high to get my fat ass leg over most of the time. If I could cut the thing down about 7-8" (just enough to keep the babe from sliding off the back-LOL), it'd be perfect. Anyway, any insight you could lend would be greatly appreciated.
is the corbin roadking a touring seat? are you looking for a stock seat? do you want to sell the corbin?---Fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode