Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Let's see your vn900 custom SE

53K views 60 replies 37 participants last post by  K.DOS 
#1 ·
Just wondering what everyone has done to their SE. So post some pics up for all to enjoy.

#11 ·
#4 ·
Why limit it to just SE's? I don't see any "post your Plasma Blue Vulcan's" posts -- and if it's a status thing just because it's a 'Special Edition', here in Central Florida the SE's are cheaper than the other models because no one buys them.

So let's not discriminate between paint jobs, we are all 900 riders, let's appreciate everyone's ride equally.

#14 ·
just bought one this weekend!

So I just purchased a 2009 se of the showroom floor for $5995. Pick it up tomorrow and am super stoked. Having pipes and K&n filter installed and remapped before i get it.
How does everyone like this bike? Looks great to me and can't wait to take her for a ride.

#18 ·
Custom sissy bar and Luggage rack, 3" handlebar risers, Memphis shades black gradient windshield, Drilled and hexed exhaust, Signal dynamics LED plate frame, Heated hand grips, Overdrive Pulley, Backrest bag, and a Avon Venom X 200 rear tire tomorrow.

#23 ·
Here are recent pic's of my 2010 SE.
[/IMG]

#24 ·
Hey, CGCWO -- Where did you get the bars for the passenger backrest? I noticed you have the same OEM SE backrest that I do ... I'm assuming you bought those bars and installed them in the bracket and then attacked the backrest pad into the bars? You can see in my photo below I need to move the backrest higher ...

#25 · (Edited)
Fab-ed the extensions myself, used square tubing 1/2in for the mount to the bar mount and 1in for the OEM rest to mount to. Not the best job but it works, I through drilled the lower mounts for security and used the original fender support bolts with nuts and lock washers, then used the OEM back rest bolts for the upper mounts. The extensions raise the rest 4inches, think I'am going to build another set with just a 2in rise. Everything is bolted or screwed together right now (i don't have access to a welder) but think I'll see what a local welding shop can do for me to make it a little cleaner. If you look at my photo bucket there might be better close-up picks. I also built the luggage rack, it's not perfectly square but you have to look really close to tell. I have about $40 dollars in both including prime and paint, beats $400 for a tall backrest and luggage rack.
[/IMG]

#26 ·
So it looks like I have found a set of 09 SE stock BLACK pipe, say good-bye to more of the chrome....

#30 ·
It is the OEM mid-sized windshield for the SE in the KAW parts/accessories book from 2010/09. Kind of spendy since its a KAW piece.

#34 ·
Here's Mine

Here's my baby,

I've got a bunch of mods done to it so far but I'd love to do more

Arlen Ness Teardrop Mirrors
Adonized Black Spiked Grips
Adonized Black Spiked Pegs
Clear Alternatives Smoked Turn Signal Covers
Clear Alternatives Smoked Tail Light Cover
"Vulcan" logo Master Cylinder Cover
"Vulcan" logo Oil Cap
Plain Leather Tank Bib
Black Spiked Air Valve Covers
Black Spiked Licence Plate Cover
Removed Fork Reflectors
Removed Rear Reflectors
Removed Rear Pegs
Spike treatment on Air Filter Cover

Attachments

#35 ·
FYSL,
I have the Custom as well (not the SE). I like the floorboards you are using and the interesting backrest setup. Could you tell me the brands and if you had to do any modifications to make either of the two fit properly.

Thanks..

mayreau

#36 · (Edited)
sure , the backrest is custom international from custom world international for custom not LE 259$ the floor boards is Karuaken ( exuse the bad spelling ) 170$ but it seems that they dont carry the same style that i have anymore ? but semilar.

no modification what so ever , the floor boards needs an front adapter 27$ there is an front and rear pegs adaptors make sure you get the front.

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/c...-brfor-vulcan-06up-models-brplain-p-8054.html

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...-ISO-Floorboards-for-Driver-or-Passenger.aspx

#37 · (Edited)
Here's mine

Bought it the first week of June and already spent lots of time and money. :cool:

Modfest 2010 is almost over... Well, maybe I'll quit after painting the fairing, adding the stripe (ordering an extra OEM Tank Stripe). Then probably paint matched hard bags on EZBrackets. (Looking at Tsukayu Strongs) Also looking at backrests for passenger comfort when riding 2-up.

So far I've done the following.
Ordered the Service Manual!

Highway Bars
Willie and Max Black Label Solo Seat with optional Pillion Pad
Flash2Pass garage door opener
Gorilla 2-Way Alarm
Black License Plate Frame
OEM SE Black Tachometer
OEM SE Black Radiator Grille
OEM SE Black Speedometer Visor
Kuryakyn ISO Grips
Kuryakyn Kewlock grip end helmet locks -pair
Kuryakyn Throttle Bosses -pair
ISO Switchblade Pegs -pair
ISO Brake Pedal Cover
ISO Shift Peg Cover (not happy with it, will probably swap, drill and tap for the full peg)
Memphis Shades Mount Kit
Arlen Ness Bob Dron Fairing -pending final install and probably paint/striping

Then it'll get some "glamour shots" with the good camera.

#44 ·
Bought it the first week of June and already spent lots of time and money. :cool:

Modfest 2010 is almost over... Well, maybe I'll quit after painting the fairing, adding the stripe (ordering an extra OEM Tank Stripe). Then probably paint matched hard bags on EZBrackets. (Looking at Tsukayu Strongs) Also looking at backrests for passenger comfort when riding 2-up.

So far I've done the following.
Ordered the Service Manual!

Highway Bars
Willie and Max Black Label Solo Seat with optional Pillion Pad
Flash2Pass garage door opener
Gorilla 2-Way Alarm
Black License Plate Frame
OEM SE Black Tachometer
OEM SE Black Radiator Grille
OEM SE Black Speedometer Visor
Kuryakyn ISO Grips
Kuryakyn Kewlock grip end helmet locks -pair
Kuryakyn Throttle Bosses -pair
ISO Switchblade Pegs -pair
ISO Brake Pedal Cover
ISO Shift Peg Cover (not happy with it, will probably swap, drill and tap for the full peg)
Memphis Shades Mount Kit
Arlen Ness Bob Dron Fairing -pending final install and probably paint/striping

Then it'll get some "glamour shots" with the good camera.
Man I'd like to see some more photos showing off that fairing, I like that !!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#39 ·
Vn900c-se I like your shield in your pics. What kind is it how long does it take to come on and off? I personal really don't like windshields on our se's but when you get going on those long rides on the freeway it would sure be nice to have one. My plan is to find one that looks good in my eyes and is also quick to take off. I will only use it for long trips and I think yours fits the bill. Thanks here's some quick pis of mine I'll get better pics soon it's lowered 2 inches in the rear and has cobra swept exhaust. Everything else is stock but I have a long list of things I'm going to put on.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

#41 ·
Whose loading pics from an iPhone? When I loaded some before they shrunk real bad when I looked at them in the posting.(unless they only looked that way to me cause I posted it?) but let me know, so I can get some se pics up. Thanks

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.