FS: 1959 sidecar bike for sale...Tallannie - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

FS: 1959 sidecar bike for sale...Tallannie

Frank and I have owned a lovely restored 1959 sidecar Chang Jiang 750 since 2005.... but now must sell it. I have been unemployed now for 4 months and economic reality is setting in.... we have $12,000 in the thing but would take $6,000 at this time and would even consider offers.... yes things are that tight.
Yes... this is Chinese... and it is old..... and it is not a road bike by any means anymore, but it IS a fun ride and has taken ribbons at bike shows and for any of you tinkerers it could be a blast to own...... Oh, and yes you can get parts for it...

It is a 750cc approx 33 hp boxer style engine bike. The chinese built tens of thousands ( hundreds of thousands?) for the their army based on tooling they got from the Russians which the Russians got from the BMW R71 / 75 series bikes they got from Germany after WW2. It looks nearly identical to a BMW from 1938 to 1945 or so. It was torn down and completely rebuilt / repainted / rechromed by an American in Shanghai where we lived in 2005..... does have many upgrades in 2005... the OHV engine, new carbs, upgraded to 12v, upgraded seat springs, chrome wheels with twisted spoke wires, new leather, etc. Fully licensed in Oregon with a clean title of course

If anyone is interested PM me... :-/. the bike is in Florida right now with our son....but can be shipped anywhere in the US of course....

2009 V2K / Vietnam Vet / PGR rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

'bump'... someone out there needs to see this... :-)

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 10:57 AM

I want this BAD!!!! Unfortunately, I'll be sleeping on the couch for...forever...if I bring home any more impractical toys right now. Good luck selling it, I'm sure there is someone out who'll fall in love with this AND have the green light to bring it home.

-RW

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Annie shines bright green light on Rollingwanderer.... (...go ASK her huh? )
she might enjoy the sidecar ride !.... LOL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingWanderer View Post
I want this BAD!!!! Unfortunately, I'll be sleeping on the couch for...forever...if I bring home any more impractical toys right now. Good luck selling it, I'm sure there is someone out who'll fall in love with this AND have the green light to bring it home.

-RW

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Lifetime Premium

These sidecar rigs are a blast. I owned a Ural for 5 years. It was a little more modern and faster than the CJ PLA (People's Liberation Army) bikes, but not much.
I always liked parking it in front of the Harley dealer, straight in, and watch the Harley dudes eyes pop and jaws drop when I put it into reverse and backed it around the parking lot.
As Annie says they are for someone who enjoys tinkering and are up for a new challenge, learning to pilot one. They are not like a regular bike.

If you want something unique and fun, you won't be disappointed.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

lol..... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtavakra View Post
These sidecar rigs are a blast. I owned a Ural for 5 years. It was a little more modern and faster than the CJ PLA (People's Liberation Army) bikes, but not much.
I always liked parking it in front of the Harley dealer, straight in, and watch the Harley dudes eyes pop and jaws drop when I put it into reverse and backed it around the parking lot.
As Annie says they are for someone who enjoys tinkering and are up for a new challenge, learning to pilot one. They are not like a regular bike.

If you want something unique and fun, you won't be disappointed.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

bump..... c'mon somone needs this !

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Lifetime Premium

Annie, send the pics and info to Leno. Worth a try.

Ron in Cincinnati

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Actually did that pacomutt.... no reply....

STILL FOR SALE... ! c'mon somebody step up the bar on this one !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomutt View Post
Annie, send the pics and info to Leno. Worth a try.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode