Scootworks Overdrive pulley for 900 Vulcan - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Scootworks Overdrive pulley for 900 Vulcan

Have frt pulley for sale just bought. $185. Bought then found out my bike already had one (bought bike used). Would prefer to sell in dfw area. Might meet in area. Why wait for Scootworks to build one. Anyone who reads this forum knows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by poogy View Post
Have frt pulley for sale just bought. $185. Bought then found out my bike already had one (bought bike used). Would prefer to sell in dfw area. Might meet in area. Why wait for Scootworks to build one. Anyone who reads this forum knows.
Would you take $150? We can meet on sunday morning if you agree. Tks

Gitty Up & Go!

2007 VN 900 Custom modifications:
Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

No they go for that price and its brand new still in unopened package. There is a ride out of Maxim Honda in Allen on Sunday I might go on. I could meet you there. You can go on the ride I think its to Rowlett. Leaves at 9 but show up early. Let me know what you want to do.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
No they go for that price and its brand new still in unopened package. There is a ride out of Maxim Honda in Allen on Sunday I might go on. I could meet you there. You can go on the ride I think its to Rowlett. Leaves at 9 but show up early. Let me know what you want to do.
I just ordered mine through MeanCycles (in stock and shipped the next day) for $180 w/ free shipping...just sayin
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
I didn't read this till now but on the good side I went on a ride with a couple of friends this afternoon and funny thing we went thru the back roads to 78-205-66-544-plano rd and back allen. We got really good weather, mostly cloudy and not sure what the temp was but it felt great.

Anyways, remember I told you I had a bad experience with the front SW pulley? not sure if mine came defective but mine had like three quarters of the pulley (were the groves go) a tad lower than the last quarter to the inside towards the engine. I have asked several members to see if theirs looked the same but so far no luck with any responses. Most have installed it and don't remember how it looked back then. I have requested some pictures but again no luck yet. The member who I sold it to also can't get rid of the belt noises so I'm wondering if I got a bad defective pulley.

Would you mind taking a close picture of the pulley standing and another close picture of the pulley laying down on its flange. If yours looks different then what I had I don't mind buying and try again. Frankly I don't see my self keeping this bike for a long time unless I can lower the vibrations on highway speeds. Love the bike style and power is good enough for me but won't be able to withstand those vibrations at highway speeds for much longer. I really hope yours looks diff so I can give it a try. Thank You

Gitty Up & Go!

Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Top Contributor

I haven't seen any pictures. Still willing to buy it if it looks good.

Gitty Up & Go!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classtom View Post
I haven't seen any pictures. Still willing to buy it if it looks good.
Pm,d you..................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode