For Sale - Irons in the Fire Luggage Rack for Nomad 1700 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
For Sale - Irons in the Fire Luggage Rack for Nomad 1700

We recently added a sidecar with a 12 cubic foot trunk to our 1700 and no longer need the luggage rack. This is a very high quality piece from Irons in the Fire (see attached photo) and is in like-new condition. Check out their website - new it is $249.95 plus shipping.

Someone must need one of these racks - help me out and get it out of my garage! Price has been reduced twice - send me $125 and I'll bubble wrap it and ship it to you.

Mounts with four bolts (included - longer than stock) using the same four holes as the stock sissy bar.

NOTE: This piece is specific for the 1700 Nomad - it will not fit any other Vulcan models.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorcycle 7 Nov 2009 003 Compressed.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	2191  

Patriot Guard Rider
Taps Bugler - Bugles Across America
Sons of the American Legion

I spent most of my money on wine, women and motorcycles. The rest I wasted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 12:25 PM

PM sent regarding the rack.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Rack sold

The rack has been sold.

Patriot Guard Rider

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 10:24 AM

Hi Roger.
Do you still have the luggage rack? I have a 09 Nomad 1700. Is that the bike the rack was used on?
Also I see you have a Turanza car tire on the bike. I'm thinking of doing that as well. What can you tell me about your experience with it and also the sizing. Did it correct the speedo?

CC
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccryder15 View Post
Hi Roger.
Do you still have the luggage rack? I have a 09 Nomad 1700. Is that the bike the rack was used on?
Also I see you have a Turanza car tire on the bike. I'm thinking of doing that as well. What can you tell me about your experience with it and also the sizing. Did it correct the speedo?

CC
The rack was sold some time ago (see the message just prior to yours in this thread). It was made specifically for the Vulcan Nomad 1700, and I used it on my 2009. I have a sidecar mounted on the bike, so I can't comment on what the bike rides like on two wheels with the car tire. I will say that the bike is a lot smoother and more stable with the sidecar rig than it was with the stock Bridgestone. Believe it or not, I have had the car tire mounted for six months and I have not checked the speedo yet! It has been on the to do list for a while. I did a lot of research on mounted tire section width based on rim width, etc. before I choose the 195/60 x 16. That size is a good choice. The stock 170/70 x 16 has a section width of 6.69" and a diameter of 25.37". The 195/60-16 has a standard section width of 7.68" that reduces to 7" when mounted on the narrower Nomad wheel (the actual mounted tire width is dependent on the rim width that it is mounted on) and the diameter is 25.2" (a little smaller than stock). If you would like a copy of how to calculate effective section width send me a message with your email address.

Patriot Guard Rider

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 06:38 PM

Thanks Roger.
I have been looking at the Custom World racks so I guess that is most likely the one I'll go with. Re; the Bridgestone car tire. I trust there was no problem with clearance?

Regards, CC
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccryder15 View Post
Thanks Roger.
I have been looking at the Custom World racks so I guess that is most likely the one I'll go with. Re; the Bridgestone car tire. I trust there was no problem with clearance?

Regards, CC
No clearance issues. I commented in another thread that a 205 might fit, but others have said that size was tight or rubbed. The 195/60-16 is a good choice, and visually it seems to have a lot of clearance. I'll get under the bike with the digital camera and post some photos soon.

Patriot Guard Rider

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode