Our Aug. 2013 BOTM Winner, SAND_MAN1!

Congrats Sandman!

Year: 2011
Model: Vulcan 900 Classic SE
Eng size: 903cc
Pipes: Road Burner 3" pipes
Seat: Stock
Wheels: Stock
Accessories: 12" and just switched to 14" Ape Hangers, swing arm bag, head light visor, smoked turn signals front and rear, Cobra engine guard, Kuryakan ISO grips, stainless steel cables, Twisted Chrome vinyl pinstriping on front fender

And the story: I had always like cruisers, especially the old school look with whitewall tires, pin stripes, apes. Didn't really think too much about getting a bike until 2011 and kept thinking about it and finally on a drive with my wife through the country we saw a group of riders and I mentioned to her "Hey maybe next drive we go on it will be on one of those instead" just to get her reaction and guage her interest and she smiled and said "you've been thinking about that huh?" Since she didn't freak out it was pretty much the green light to get one. I originally planned to buy used and set a limit of $5k out the door. I had planned on a Vstar 1100 but then I started to look at Kawasaki and found that I could get a new one for just over $7k out the door.

I saw this 2011 on their website and was immediately sold since it was black with white walls and it looked damn good! I was able to get a great price and jumped on it.

I've enjoyed riding this and learning to work on it myself. I just put on the 14" bars tonight but may end up ordering them in chrome in the future.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode