post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
May 2012 BOTM Winner Poncho Villa!

Congrats Ponch!

Thought to start a month for Chops/Bobs n Rats.. This here entry y'all have seen many times over the las few years. gone thru much knife n morphs..
So this is not one them What all did you add krome bolt on kra..stuff but is more a Rider type bike and not so much a Looker.. but is fun as hades to wrench on an sip a few s
Ok, Ok, the story, am gettin 2it. sheesh. I picked up this 07 v2k back in Aug 08 as a leftover with the specific plan to chop it. into something. well, er,, mine. It went thru the fairing/bag/tour phase, very short lived, b4 it got the axe startin las summer.
So. firs things firs. The whole motor has been stripped of all gov approved uneccessary parts. which means everthing. she is as klos to nekid as can get away with.
The air box, I made that and then put that sticky decal girly thing on there to cover up the fact its a hardley dog bowl (thanks for the term annie). Then decided that didnt need,, er like that rear brake reservoir so moved it. aint tellen ya where. you find it. good luck. Also while tossin off everbit of krome, tin and doohickie wire holder, hanger, my god theres a ton of krap on these things, I pitched, well cut loose all the alt/gen wires by the left footboard. who needs em? Yeah the horn got the axe too. have a Wolo BadBoy air horn stuk up somewhere. sounds like a Train at RR xing! you find it. And all them lectrics on the leftside are stuffed under the front of tank. fit nice. them lectric coils got suspended tween cylinders.
I got tired of looking at all that covers on the belt, so I pitched them too. And the rear brake caliper,, dang guess need that, so just moved it out the way.
the pipes got several treatments b4 using stock headers and cherrybomb,, er mufflers? Found some Titanium kolored pipe wrap, thot it mite look nice. yor call?
The stock fenders, lites, xmas tree sigs, all that stuff got sold for money. these here are some aftermarket tins sporting bbq flatblak invisible paint scheme. If ever got motivated to spend cash or time,, mite consider a shades of black/grey tire tread themeage to flow from fender thru tank and finish up front. just a thought. probly need another
The Handy Bars got changed up a bunch. have had nuff risers to know didnt want that look. So ventually settled for these 12" monkey bars inch n quarter. this may not be the end of story, have other ideas for later.
Bilt me a fast back rest and swiped the pad off my grasshopper. yeah its not perty. who cares! I went to the truble of scewing LED brake lite on it to keep gawkers at bay. hand grenades work better.
the lic plate, brake lite fiasco is jus to be legal and keep mr.occifer employed.
Dropped the rear end 2" with some link kit and the front rides 1+" low, the fork legs dropped in the triple trees. and did loose all them fat lady krome leggins.
Net weight of this rig is in the mid 6's. as the pile of tin n krome wieghed near 200 ellbees. So she is lite on her toes, an still has long legs and a healthy pair of lungs for fas running. mostly jus karve kanyons tho. is my komfort zone out.
There is a bunch more stuff am lookin to do this rig and perhaps this wasnt best time to put her on display. Dont 'tend to win no votes, this bike is mor for the fellas that like to do stuff to them. not on them.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Top Contributor

Nice Bike. Conrats!

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Garage
Frankensled FTW!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Villa View Post
Rats!.. dubl ratz!
Those be Conga Ratz... well deserved for the inspiration alone.

BACA Pretzel - Flyin' the highways in OK!
'08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad - "Grace"
Metallic Diablo Black/Candy Fire Red
LED Run/Turn/Brake
Vance and Hines Duals
Dobeck TFI
Kuryakyn Flame grips with Throttle Boss and Stiletto endcaps
Kuryakyn Longhorn offset highway pegs
Vista throttle lock
OEM light bar and luggage rack

B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter

Out to pasture - 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom: Redemption
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Lifetime Premium

Villa Rides!

Ron in Cincinnati

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 06:27 AM

Poncho Villa!

Man - I wanted to read your write up but only got 1/4 way through it. It must take a lot of extra time to think about not writing the English language the way it is supposed to be written.

Like the bike though!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 06:55 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharnie View Post
Man - I wanted to read your write up but only got 1/4 way through it. It must take a lot of extra time to think about not writing the English language the way it is supposed to be written.

Like the bike though!
Naw, he's done that for so long he be quick about it!

Ron in Cincinnati

.........Bob Seger
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Lifetime Premium

Last edited by Poncho Villa; Today at 08:01 AM.

See, he can even edit, too!

Ron in Cincinnati

.........Bob Seger
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Garage
Most of us eventually learn Poncho-ism..
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 AM
JtC
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharnie View Post

Like the bike though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
Most of us eventually learn Poncho-ism..
And eagerly await the book . . .

2010 V2K Classic LT aka "Mr. Spock"
2007 Suzuki S83 -fast, fun, goodbye, good riddance
2005 Nomad R.I.P. Totaled in '07

CMA#158186
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." -2 Corinthians 3:17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode