Bike Of The Winner, November 2016, Preacher824! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MN-Rider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Bike Of The Winner, November 2016, Preacher824!

Congrats Preach!

2008 Kawasaki Vulcan VN2000, 2053cc, black Road Burner pipes, Stock seat w/modded back rest for the driver made from the factory passenger sissy bar pad. I cut it loose from the factory sissy bar and fabricated a mount to attach it to the passenger seat for the drivers back. Factory rear wheel w/ 240 tire and a 18" Harley Davidson front wheel from a 2013 SG (bike can now run several different model HD front wheels). Reckless Motorcycles fairing (I painted it myself inside my shed with the help of Oreillys mixing the paint for me) w/ stereo and driving lights purchased from a HD Fatboy (I had to make custom mounts for it and the lights to fit the bike). Front marker/turn lights removed and moved to rear. I added Jardine forward controls purchased from a member here on the forum, thanks Don. Spacer for primary drive added to eliminate belt squeal. Lower belt cover replaced with chrome one. Secondary throttle body butterflies removed and resistor mod as well. Air cleaner purchased online and modded to fit my bike. PC 3 fuel management added and modded to fit in the factory tool box compartment under the right side cover. Kuryakyn rear turn/marker light covers added and lights wired in for added taillights. HD tour pack added with a custom mount I fabricated from the factory luggage rack/sissy bar. Hard bags to come....
I have rode bikes for years and had sold my last bike about a year earlier. While visiting a bike shop/tactical store my wife spotted a HD cruiser and stated she could ride something like that. I had owned a sport bike previously. I started looking for a bike and read about the VN2000's. I found one on CL and went and test drove it. WOW was I impressed. I could not get the owner down in price so I returned home and then located another one in TN at a car dealership. My wife and I borrowed an enclosed trailer and drove north to the car dealer in TN. Seems the original owner traded it in on a vehicle as he could not handle it. The bike had sat on the showroom floor for some time and when they started the bike it sounded horrible with valves ticking and all. I was worried after I read about the oil restrictions on some bikes. The bike needed tires and a service. I purchased it anyway, after my wife was tired of me trying to make up my mind and she made a low ball offer which they took . I loaded it up on a trailer and took it home. A few weeks later I was injured at work and could do much let alone ride. While I was laid up I started reading on the bike and all of the mods and accessories that could be added. So after winter storage/removal (around March this year) and I was all healed up I started thrashing on it. After sitting on a VN2000 (all other bikes seem small) I can not imagine riding anything else. Keep the ideas coming on mods guys as I love them. Thanks, Preacher
V2K_Rod likes this.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode