Pepper-Spraying Texas Cop Update - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GFISH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Pepper-Spraying Texas Cop Update

Quote:
A firestorm erupted last March when a video surfaced that showed a Texas police officer pepper spraying a group of motorcyclists riding past his patrol car. Motorcyclists who watched the video (now with more than three million views) were angered at the apparent assault on riders. The cop, William Figueroa, claimed he needed to spray the riders because they wouldn’t vacate the lane next to his patrol car that was pulled over at the side of the road.

Surely the overly aggressive cop would be severely reprimanded for his actions that could’ve hurt or even killed riders as they rode past, right? Well, thanks to our favorite moto-riding attorney, John Butrus, we were able to dig into the situation. Sadly, the outcome of the investigation seems to be far too lenient for an officer who demonstrated a complete lack of concern for the safety of our fellow riders.
Read more about the Pepper-Spraying Texas Cop Update at Motorcycle.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 04:21 PM

I'm not sure about texas,but around here we are required to move over OR slow down because you can't always move out of the lane.The pic shows they moved over to the center line.I have a lot of respect for the law, I know there are good cops and bad ones.This one should be reprimanded in some way so he understands that is not acceptable practice.
I don't know if people outside the state count,but if a petition was started I would sign it.I surely wouldn't want that to happen to me if I rode through there.I know you can petition the us gov and if they have enough signatures,they are required by law to respond.
If that police officer felt in danger,why didn't he just sit back down in his car? I hate to see them just sweep it under the carpet until he or another officer does it again and gets someone killed.
With the police being under so much fire,they should be doing ALL they can to not make poor decisions.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: '05
Displacement/CC's: 800
Garage
I don't see this as a big deal, so he stood there spraying and look how far away he is from the lead biker, I doubt that would cause anyone harm cause you have to spray that stuff right into a person's face like inches away from the face for that stuff to be effective, some people are making this out to be a big deal when I see this as cop haters going for the jugular on this one

Thunder Mfg teardrop 40's K&N 170MJ 48PJ 2.75turns DynoJet Needle DNO106 2nd notch V&H Cruzers Aeromach risers Michelin Commander IIs Wix 51358 filter 17T/40 Sprockets, 2357 rear bulbs

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 09:14 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black and Blue
As someone said - there are good cops, and there are not-so-good cops. Judging only from the picture I see, the cop was not really doing anything other than looking for trouble.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Old thread revived but since it's down the road from me; I'll chime in.

Pepper spray, especially LEO strength, does not need to be sprayed directly into the face to be effective.
Been chased out of a few mosh pits decades ago when security sprayed it from several yards away. It, may not blind you or make you choke on your own breath. But, it does cause your eyes to burn and water and it does irritate your throat & lungs causing you to cough. It really is NOT a pleasant experience.
The significant risk of causing one of these jerks to effectively be riding blind makes what this cop did a stupid move.

Now, on to the bikers. They were riding like dicks!
They had trucks and cars blocking the on ramps so they could stunt and ride like a group of hooligans on the highway.
They are douches and being a douche should hurt. F-em!

2012 Voyager 1700 ---SOLD
Pearl Alpine White/Pearl Luster Beige
Nice

2011 Rocket III Touring
Phantom Black
Naughty

2016 Indian Roadmaster
Thunder Black

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 09:20 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Silver
Garage
I've seen a few small groups of the crotch rockets here doing their thing. One had a pretty bad crash down the street from me. When they pull these stunts they give us all a bad name.
revrider likes this.

"As long as I have the voices in my head, I'll never ride alone."

2006 Vulcan 900 classic
Mustang Day Tripper seat
Cobra Light Bar
Cobra Air Scoop
Cobra short sissy bar
Cobra Lowers
Baron's front and rear pulley
Baron's Big and Nasty pipes
Leatherlyke hard bags
Blue Superbrites LED accent lights