March 2016 Bike Of The Month Winner, Oceana650! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MN-Rider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
March 2016 Bike Of The Month Winner, Oceana650!

Congrats Oceana650!!

Year: 2015
Model: Vulcan S 650 w/ABS
Eng size: 649cc Displacement 83.0 x 60.0mm Bore x Stroke
Pipes: Delkevic Carbon Fiber
Seat: Ergo Fit Extended
Wheels: Factory, with Pinstripe tape removed
Accessories: Custom Paint by Smokey Paint Job, Delkevic Exhaust, Matte Black Painted Covers
And the story: I've owned 11 motorcycles over the past three decades. My very first motorcycle was a Kawasaki Ninja, which I had saved up after working nights and weekends at a drug store during high school. Later, I had a '86 Kawasaki Concours 1000, and a Kawasaki EX500 too. I was at a charity auction, and saw very nice custom motorcycle paintwork. I recognized the unique tribute to the Legendary Kawasaki '72 H2 750cc, the "Widow Maker." Impressed with the design, balance, and performance. This motorcycle moves well, the engine is a definite gem, with plenty of power on the streets. I swapped the seat for the extended version, which I found more comfortable and better looking. I painted the silver parts carefully using a semi matte finish black paint. I opened up the exhaust note by swapping the OEM exhaust for a Carbon Fiber Delkevic exhaust, which was a huge improvement in sound, and a nice reduction in weight. Not to mention, what I think is a better look for the sporty side of the motorcycle. Enjoying rides with friends and finding this to be a nice balanced and capable steed. Hope you like it as much as I do! People seem to appreciate the design and the custom paint. Hope you do too!
JSHRED likes this.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode