BIKE OF THE MONTH WINNER September 2015, MJ 21A! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By MN-Rider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
BIKE OF THE MONTH WINNER September 2015, MJ 21A!

Congrats MJ!

You can congratulate MJ 21A IN THIS THREAD

OK so last month (August) I entered with my 07 Nomad fully dressed and ready to go anywhere. Did not think I would win, really do love Ol' School‘s trike and trailer,
Congrats ol' school! But I thought I enter so we could have a vote, I like seeing this Bike Of the Month contest. Well this month nobody has entered yet so after a miss-hap in my garage I made some changes to my Nomad and said why not enter again. …So check out the August entrees for before photos, now the story and photos…
I cleaned out my garage over the summer, parked my bike on the left side facing out, on the right wall I had a old ramp I used for loading bikes into my pick up truck. I opened the garage door to find the ramp had fallen onto my bike, hitting the rear seat, hard bag and then pushing the bike into the wall, the handlebars bent, lever broke. So here is what I did and what was already done, chrome fender tips (end caps), headlight bulb upgrade, headlight module, Fairing with stereo, Recurve windshield, 4 speakers AM/FM USB Bluetooth, RAM holder w/GPS, Cell holder/charger, windshield bag w/power plugs. Throttle lock, 12" Handlebars that where bent, got cut added a solid metal rod inside, then a HD pipe outside over the bars, extending then to 13” and bolted it all together, painted the pipe black, it did look badass til I put the fairing back on. Had to replace the Grips again and one lever, I removed the Trunk w/ top rack/backrest and the one off rack. The Corbin Seat was ripped where the ramp hit the passenger seat. So I cut the one piece seat into a solo, left the 3/4" soft top drivers and backrest. I also left on the V and H pipes w/valkyrie end tips, Intake K and N 9" filters, and Cobra FI Processor. Out back that one saddlebag got hit so hard I had to replace both hinges and the part that holds the door closed. The 3 chrome (more like stain chrome) strips where damaged so I removed them, I also removed the top rails on the bags. Left the side rails on the bags, and the leather covers w/pockets on rear bag guards. I also moved the plate down below the turn signal lights, painted the chrome pieces between the fender and bags black. Nice clean look. Still have the Foot pegs, one off clear lowers on engine guard, lowers on the forks, and Wolo horn. I removed the extra LED rear running lights, pinstriping that was on the rear of the bags. I can still remove the faring and the stock windshield can be used, the one off lowers can be removed and replaced with soft lowers or leave them off altogether. Well there you have it….glad I cleaned out my garage now I have room for all the parts I took off my bike, lol. Hope you like it, it is less then before but does handle better without all those things I removed….Oh, and never clean out your garage, before I did there was no way that ramp could have hit my bike, hell you could not even see past the bike or the right side of the garage.
Snowmobiler and eg78 like this.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Romans5.8; 09-30-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode