Model - vn 1500 Classic E1
Year - 1996
Engine - 1500cc
Seat - Stock recoverd
Pipes - I had headers made up in stainless then one crossed under the bike to get a pipe each side for that vintage type look, then added fish tails to the ends to reach the end of the bike .
Wheels - stock
acssesories - not much off the shelf as i cant afford them , so i made the rear fender chrome bar to hold the indicators - struts rear hard tail. extensions for rear hangers for bottom of the struts to bring them out to clear the fender skirts. hand bent 1" beach bars 3' wide . internal throttle. complete braket for the rear brake caliper it has now moved to the bottom of the disc. All switch gear has gone . starter in side panel under seat, 3 micro switches in bars for horn and indicators , . Bakalite BSA 1939 HEAD LIGHT SWITCH IN THE HEAD LAMP. Pollished brake cyliders and fork legs by hand ( wont do it again as 2 weeks on still cant make a fist) and lots of other bits.
Story of Build
This is my first bike i have owned or cutomised with in my own garage with neandathol tools which was a feat on its own.
I have always loved the beach crusier type Cal look bikes and cars so went down that route.So when i seen a brand new never been used set of Indian Factory Fenders on eBay in the USA i had to have them. I asked on the forum here if anyone had fitted them and was told it would be a major Fab job to do it . I wish i had listened. So i went about making them fit in such a way that at any time this bike can revert back to a VN Classic.
So i De badged the bike Hard tailed the rear and dropped by 2 " . I made so beach bars from one inch stainless and i wanted it super clean with zero wires. And relocated all the switches and only 3 micro switches on the handles. Seat was recovered in viynal leather. painted frame black , painted all tins as the pics but had wanted some engine parts done to. Moved the regulator to the front so i could get the pipe through for the exhaust as i wanted pipes each side. Polished up all stainless used on the bike and started asembly. and that is where i am today 99% done as i will never seem to reach that 100 %. The tool rolls on each side cover a gapn that i dont like and serve a purpose. Just finished today and taken on first ride today after some teething troubles starting dammed split pipe.
There are plenty of other bits on the bike but am a terrible typer and this took me ages . hope you like it