Our March 2015 BOTM Winner, Bald Marine! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Our March 2015 BOTM Winner, Bald Marine!

Congrats BM!

You can congratulate Bald Marine IN THIS THREAD

Year: 2007
Model: Vulcan Custom
Eng size: 900cc
Pipes: Britt
Seat: La Rosa Designs
Wheels: Stock Wheels... runnin' dark side!
Accessories: Road King rear fender and stretched bags
And the story:

The story is I pretty much always wanted a street sweeping low stretched bagger and I've always preferred the more simplistic retro styling versus bikes that look like the Batmobile . After doing some research, making some measurements on friends "flock bikes", and many nights staring at photoshop on my laptop... I convinced myself if I bought the right parts, I could build my own bagger versus sitting around dreaming of one. I posted a pretty long and picture heavy post on the build of this bike a few years back, I think it still exists on here somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up. Anyhow, the bike keeps evolving... this spring has a few new changes coming and I wanted to hold off on entering until the new goodies were ready, but I've been so busy with work and kids that who knows when I'll have it done. Everything was done by me, with simple tools in a standard country garage. Virtually nothing "bolted right on" as it was all intended for a Harley and had to be fabricated or modified. The paint job is a faux rust patina that I ended up liking enough to stick with a while. (Had a friend or two I've painted their guitars like this as well...) It's a fun bike to ride and usually starts up conversations at the gas pump... it's been a great tool for meeting new inquizative people on a slow Sunday afternoon cruise. I can't wait to get back on the road. Thanks for looking... hope it sparks some interest, or inspiration.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode