Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Our May 2014 BOTM Winner onenadrag!

9K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  MN-Rider 
#1 ·
Congrats onenadrag!

You can congratulate onenadrag IN THIS THREAD

Well it's been 1.5 yrs already since I won so I'm entering again for that bike of the year. I have done alot to her since the last time out.
Year:1998
Model:Vulcan classic
Eng size:1500
Pipes:Cobra
Seat:Stock
Wheels:Stock
Accessories:
And the story:I recently purchased this bike from a female owner. It has 53,000 miles but runs like a champ. When I bought it it was already lowered in the back with progressive shocks, custom rear fender, cobra pipes, custom paint, driving lights etc. The paint job was nice but old. So see as I work as a painter, I decided to redo it. After tearing the bike apart I sanded it and fix a small dent in the tank. UI then did Gator Glass on the 2 side covers and windshield. I decided to hydro dip the tins in 2 different patterns. I first paint everything with a silver base coat. When that was dry I dipped all the tins in Black inferno pattern first ( skulls with flames). After that dried I then dipped the tins in a smoke pattern. After that was dry, I taped out the stripe in the middle (silver). I then taped off the top and painted the bottom black. After that dried I taped off the bottom and painted the top Candie necturine. I then added airbrushed flames over the black. I then added 6 coats of high solids clear. After a few days of drying time I sanded it with 1000, 1500, 3000 grit paper and buffed it. The "vulcan" and "92 cu. in." light up at night. I put the bike all back together and added a few more chrome pieces. This is the first week since I got it done.

That was my original post. Since then I have added Mutazu Hard Bags with gator glass tail lights, nomad exhaust, Shark audio system, Mustang seats and back rest, fusion LED lights, handle bars and mirrors. Painted the wheels centers, air cleaners covers, floor boards, center console, handle bars, lower fork legs gloss black. I also dipped the rotors in Reaper skull pattern. The 1st picture is when I was 1st. done with it.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.