post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
September 2010 BOTM Winner rcmedic!

Congrats RC!

I now have some 52,500 miles on the bike. I love it. My major modifications are listed below though there are more.

Hoppe Industries Quadzilla Fairing This is a great fairing. I have had for several years now and it is great. Real fiberglass and the stereo works quite well too.

Scootworks SuperTrunk II This is a great trunk. I bought the top rack too and have been quite pleased. I would recommend assuring that the hinge pins are checked regularly as I did loose one for unknown reasons because an "E" clip came off and I did not notice it. I have also had some occasional issues with the lock/latching assemblies over time and have had to replace them on three separate occasions. It is not a bad issue so have not yet looked into different lock/latch mechanisms.

Cobra Lightbar This has been a nice lightbar and I am please that I bought it.

Boogey Lights This is one of several LED lights systems that I have on the bike and trailer. All work well and have not had any issues with any of them. Which you would choose depends on your personal preference as there are many different styles out there as well as grossly different price ranges.

Custom Dynamics Lights

RiderWearhouse Heated Grips These worked very well until I changed out my out my grips with the Kuryakyn grips at which time I installed a different type and style of heated grips that actually install inside the handle bar as apposed to the outside and under the grips. As I now use the heated gloves, I rarely ever use the grip heater.

SageBrush Engine Guard Chaps These are without a doubt the single best addition that I have put on my bike. As I am a 365 day a year rider, this simple addition has been phenominal with respect to keeping my feet and lower legs dry and warm in all environments.

CATS-EYE 3-IN-1 LIGHTING SYSTEM

These are nice and work well but the mounting bracket leaves a bit to be desired.

Strebel 11135 Air Horn
I am quite pleased with this item. It works very well and does a great job of commanding attention of even the worst high school girl buzy texting or yacking on the cell phone while driving.

Kuryakyn LED Battery Gage

This is a great little gadget to have and works quite nicely.

ChargeGuard

I have had one issue that required my needing to replace the shunt which fractured due to vibration. At $60 a pop, I am hoping that this doesn't happen too often. I like all of the functions available with this gadget. With the press of a button, you get voltage, amperage, temperature in F and C. It is nice to have especially when you have as many electricity consuming add-ons as I do. With a max alternator output of 42 amps, I want to be sure I don't overload the system and of course I just like to know what all the different systems on my bike are performing anyway. Part of the mechanic in me I guess.

Cardo Scala Team Set

I have purchased and used several comms systems over the years. When Cardo came out with the above noted TEAM Set, I purchased that as I was not very satisfied with the other systems, the last of which was the IntraRide System. I have found the Cardo system to be superior in all environments. It interfaces very well with my Blackberry and my Zumo 550 GPS. This is a strong buy recommendation. I have yet to come across anything that beats this system.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:23 PM

Congrats RC beautiful bike safe riding

Live to ride and keep it safe
Robert

2011 Victory Vision pearl white/ Pearl the White Lady
1999 VN800b4 classic
Mods
1 kury iso flame grips
2 cobra slash pipes
3 cobra floor boards
4 MS fats windscreen
5 kury iso highway peggs
6 kawi light bar
7 kury mirrors
8 kury swingwing pass peggs
9 sissybar with pass back rest and rack
10old leather saddle bags
11 hard chrome volt meter
12 mustang solo seat with back rest
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 01:27 PM

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to eyeryde
Congrats. Nice bike and trailer! Ride hard and ride often!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode