Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards

Now in its second year, our MOBO awards selections process gives us the chance to reflect on the year that was. And for 2010, the spotlights were generally shining on European manufacturers which continued to pump out desirable product while most Japanese OEMs crawled into a hole to wait out the near-global recession.

Brands like Aprilia, BMW, Ducati and Triumph haven't slowed the launching of new models, and this forging ahead in the midst of a storm has resulted in gains of market share. It's also provided us with several interesting new bikes to ride. Perhaps most interesting of all are the bikes in the paradigm-shifting electric motorcycle movement that's rapidly gathering momentum. Progress in this category will come quickly as new technology takes great leaps forward.

Although the two-wheel market isn't what it once was, this is nevertheless a fascinating era in the evolution of motorcycling. The best motorcycles and machinery of 2010 are seen at the link below.

More: Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards on Motorcycle.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LES.Jecky View Post
Perhaps most interesting of all are the bikes in the paradigm-shifting electric motorcycle movement that's rapidly gathering momentum. Progress in this category will come quickly as new technology takes great leaps forward.
I can't imagine many people being interested in an $8k motorcycle with a 20 to 40 mile range.

The only thing I found interesting in that segment was the line about the "uninitiated" folks and the apologetic tone for the cost of the 20 to 40 mile vehicle. When they come up with a 500 mile range vehicle, at the same price point, then maybe they'll have something of interest.

I was interested in their picks for best cruiser. Both bikes are great looking bikes to me, even though vastly different in appearance. I could be happy with either one of them, I think. But, when it comes time to put down the money for my next bike, Kawasaki's Vulcan line is going to be right at the top of my list. After looking at a ton of bikes at the big bike show here in Detroit last month, I saw a lot of bikes that I liked, but for cost/performance conscious buyers, seems to me that the Kawi line is pretty tough to beat. I did like the Yamaha cruisers though and they were competitively priced too. Lots of good stuff in the cruiser lines, no matter how you look at them.

2010 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode