To whine or not to whine??? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

To whine or not to whine???

I'm a news nut! I read it all day and watch it in the evening. I do get tired of the same old stories.

The Toronto mayor Ford's continuing saga, Obamacare WEB Fiasco, JFK conspiracy, Zimmerman arrested again, and so on. Then they run out of stuff and start picking on coffee whether it is good or bad for you. For heavens sakes!

It's getting dark too soon now so I broke down and purchased a trickle charger and going to connect it today and see how long I can stay off my bike. I'm not happy about the time change...

My family insurance will be $500 a month staring 1/2014. No one wants to buy my bike. I'm off the week of Thanksgiving but have so much to do around the house, I won't get to sit on my fanny and eat and drink like I want to.

There are oil droplets in the garage where my wife's car is parked and same with mine. Up until a month ago, I was on a health kick for about 5 years and was doing a great job keeping my weight normal. Now, I'm constantly pulling my pants over my big belly. No! It's not beer putting it on. It's age...

I'm going to get my teeth cleaned in a few minutes and they are going to fuss at me about a broken tooth I have but can't afford to get a root canal and crown right now.

There are a ton of Asian lady beetles constantly trying to get in my house and my car.

For the first time EVER, I pulled my bike out of the garage yesterday and was going to let it warm up some while I cleaned windshield and put my gear on. I forgot to put kickstand down and it fell on me. Didn't hurt the bike or me but I felt like an idgit!

Other than all this mess... I'm happier than a pig in slop!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 02:03 PM

Garage
got any cheese to go with that whine?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

I care more about SPG (smiles per gallon)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
than MPG (miles per gallon)

2009 Vulcan 500 LTD
Scootworks Risers
Slipstreamer Enterprise windshield
Protac driver backrest
Rumble Road speaker system
River Road saddlebags
Priority Plus tail light module
Kuryakyn chrome accessory plug
Kuryakyn ISO grips (6235)with Throttle Boss
JTF512 17tooth sprocket
"Manuel/Vicente" custom engine guard
Hardley highway pegs (freebies)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 06:04 PM

If it's any consolation for you daboo, your not alone. Hopefully that ride cheered you up abit and will make you forget about selling your friend, i know it sure helps me to take off down a country road with only the wind and a purring engine under my a$$....cheers!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally segap View Post
If it's any consolation for you daboo, your not alone. Hopefully that ride cheered you up abit and will make you forget about selling your friend, i know it sure helps me to take off down a country road with only the wind and a purring engine under my a$$....cheers!
I just got back and it was great! I will never NOT have a bike.

I want a bigger bike to the point I'm even trying to just get someone to trade bikes.

Don't get me wrong! I absolutely love my 900. Best $$ I've ever spent.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Kawasaki Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Red
Wasn't sure if you were describing your trials or if you were spying on me. I do resemble a lot of that as well. Despite the old, sore and creaking joints, I choose every morning to be thankful for having a decent job, a solid and comfortable home, and most importantly, a wife that is insane enough to still tolerate me. If I focused on the negative, you all would soon be seeing me on the six o-clock news! Regular riding takes care of most of that, so everyone is still safe!

Jerry "Old Bear" Barker
Clarksville, TN
Americas Guardians PS MC
Tennessee 16-A Chapter
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Top Contributor

Looks like Cabin Fever is setting in. I know it is on me. There is nothing like leaving for work when it is dark and 25F and coming home when it is dark and in the 30s. It's getting to me too. But I still have 2 weeks of vacation time to kill so when December rolls around I will be able to cure some of this a little bit.

1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 (First Bike)
2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic (First Big Bike)
2007 Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak (Love Affair)
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWVA_08V2k View Post
Looks like Cabin Fever is setting in. I know it is on me. There is nothing like leaving for work when it is dark and 25F and coming home when it is dark and in the 30s. It's getting to me too. But I still have 2 weeks of vacation time to kill so when December rolls around I will be able to cure some of this a little bit.
Definitely a good whine! After riding every afternoon and then not getting to, I start feeling a little uncomfortable so resign myself to go to the gym. That will make me forget.

Quote:
I choose every morning to be thankful for having a decent job, a solid and comfortable home, and most importantly, a wife that is insane enough to still tolerate me.
With all that I have to whine about... I am very blessed and do not take it for granted.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2008 V2KLT
My "affordable" health care will be going up about 30% come January, as will my maximum out of pocket and deductible! Should have just cancelled it all together, but then I would have to save up for the fine.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Top Contributor

Lets keep daylight savings time.
How come none of the so called reporters talk about Mrs. Obamas bff in college being the Sr. VP of CDI the Canadian Comp that we have paid 100s of millions too to build a web site that doesnt work. How come no one cked these idiots out !
I wonder what America is gonna say when the shoe drops on the 100 million people in groups that lose there insurance next year.
There is so much wrong with Washington.
Its even getting to chilly in S. Tx. Anybody wana ride to S. Amrrica

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote <Ben Franklin?>

2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint
Wheels, Forks,Rotors,Calipers all polished

2008 V900 Customized By ROAR
2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys

Last edited by bulldozer; 11-19-2013 at 07:14 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
How come no one cked these idiots out !
I bet since hey have gotten paid, they will not be returning their pay from our taxes.

Quote:
going up about 30% come Januar
Wow! You know, I hope they don't back up from the promise to fine those who do not get insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode