Easy Brackets: Products vs. Politics - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GFISH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Easy Brackets: Products vs. Politics

Bought Viking bags which look great, showed up the week I ordered them with all needed mounting hardware. To install drill 2 holes near top to match holes above bike fender and 2 holes at bottom with flexible locations.

Since I WAS considering Easy Brackets in the future, I wrote GreatBikeGear.com for exact location of holes on their brackets so if I did decided I wanted removable bags, I would not have to drill twice to accommodate those brackets.

The response I got back from Bob Zamzow <[email protected]>, the manufacturer of Easy Brackets, was that Viking bags were made in Pakistan not the USA. I was sorry to hear that but can any of us say we have ONLY American products in our lives?

I responded back asking again where I would to drill holes for use with his product and he told me he did not have a template. The only piece of text highlighted in my 2nd query was > VULCAN.

I am as non-political as can be so I taken aback when this product inquiry turned into a political platform. I want to use his product and he tells me to pound sand since the bags and bike I have are not made in the USA. WTF?!?

I am a US citizen, would never consider living anywhere else and appreciate the freedoms we enjoy and we got them. Those freedoms are being diminished by "open-minded" people like this who have judged me based on the Viking and Kawasaki name. The blog linked to the Easy Brackets site continues along the same theme.
Freedom of expression is the essence of America. So is the right to choose to agree or disagree.

Sorry Mr. Zamrow, I cannot support your company and will freely let every users of non-USA products know why. I just want to ride and get away from all the polarization that is taking us away from the real issues our country faces.

'06 Vulcan 500 and
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Black & Silver
Garage
I don't quite see where he said something like he only wants to sell to 100% American made bikes, but if that's what was communicated with the Vulcan highlighting, he's trying to reach a rather small market.

US sold Harleys are assembled here, but the parts come from all over, including, GASP, China, and they build whole bikes in several other countries. Polaris is pulling the plug on Victory to focus on the Indian, but both of those contain some parts made overseas as well. Honda moved GoldWing production back to Japan years ago, and I don't think they've moved it back over here. Kawasaki made 800's here for awhile, but that's long gone, too.

Aside from some electric bikes -- and I'd guess they STILL need some electronics from Taiwan or China -- there really isn't much at all.

"Don't force it. Get a bigger hammer."
- William Shakespeare
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 09:57 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Silver
Garage
This says it all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HD American_1503629841379.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	201482  
Lunatic likes this.

"As long as I have the voices in my head, I'll never ride alone."

2006 Vulcan 900 classic
Mustang Day Tripper seat
Cobra Light Bar
Cobra Air Scoop
Cobra short sissy bar
Cobra Lowers
Baron's front and rear pulley
Baron's Big and Nasty pipes
Leatherlyke hard bags
Blue Superbrites LED accent lights
Chrome Woo Loo Air Horn
Avon Grips

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 03:31 PM
Lifetime Premium

Thanks for the heads up on your experience. I really have no patience for that sort of nonsense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode