It was a great day so we decided to get some riding in. I had an invite to a local poker run, but declined. Most of the poker runs around here are nothing more than bar hopping for the afternoon, get a little drunker at each bar and at the end of the run drink more beer. They cover about 90 miles with more emphasis on drinking rather than riding. I rarely drink and there's no way I'm driving a bike after drinking so we opted for a day of riding. Me, my wife, my oldest son, his girlfriend, and his best friend from school headed out and did about 300 miles on back roads. Beautiful day, around 90 with no wind and great scenery as well. Didn't get alot of pics but here's what I got-
The group- (left to right) Jimmy(my oldest son)and his girlfriend Paige, my wife Kim, and Nathan on his '06 Vulcan 900
Jimmy and Nathan hamming it up, they've been best friends since kindergarten.
Jimmy clowning around on his '82 V45 Sabre
My wife and I kickin' back on my '07 VN900
Random observations. The Vulcan 900 is a great bike. While we did mainly backroads, we did hit the super-slab for about an hour. It did everything very well, even holding 80 on the slab was very comfortable. The kawi gell seat is the best add on so far, no numb butt, just a comfy cruise. The stock Dunlop tires wear quickly, mainly the rear. I bought the bike new on April 8th of this year, just turned over 4200 miles and the rear tire is almost shot, no burn outs, no abuse, just lots of riding. I think I may change over to forward controls or add hiway pegs, I just can't stretch out like I'd like to.
Waving. I've read all over the web about waving at other bikers, this group waves, this one doesn't and so on. There was alot of bikes out today, cruisers, Harley's, sport bikes, touring, etc., I'd say a solid 90% of them waved, reguardless of what anyone was riding. The remaining 10% was an even mix of all types of bikes.
We had a great time and are looking forward to the next one!