How many hardley'rs does it take to make a Rswhole? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
wocka, wocka, wocka

How many hardley'rs does it take to make a Rswhole?

3.. this just happens too often for it to be anomoly.. I need get me a GoPro cam and splice together video segments and post a compilation of these events on Utoob.. I am not kidding. this phenomena is just to circumspectful to be coincidence..
Again! today I rode the goose, my california v14 guzzi home from work. the freeway was a mess. I jumped some backroad and worked my way around town.. in the traffic were 3 hardley'ittes in the right lane just tooling in traffic. my lane advanced some and I was alongside these neanderthals.. they didnt have to be. they chose to be. they took one look at me on my bike and gave me the "who the f are you look".

when riding.. as much as I do, come accross a lot of fellas on all kinds of sleds. including hardley ablesons.. most will wave, nod, smile or in some way acknowledge your existance.. I am talking about riding in the same direction, often aside or passing, and even when stopped either at a lite or a fuel station.
Butt for some reason, the magic number is 3, when in numbers, these pakratts refuse to acknowledge another rider unless he is on one of their brand..
how would I know this? I told you I ride a lot, only recently scaled back to 24k miles/yr. and Yes I own and ride hardleys.. so this observation is from, soon to be empirical evidence.. the unfortunate thing is that this kind of behavior is not just prevalent in the hd kulture, it is bred beginning with and at the mfg.. hardley thinks they are superior and if you ride one you must be also..
well I gott to tell you. its not so. I have em. I ride em. I wrench on them. theyr nuthin special. on a good day, theyr ok. on a good day. not everyday is good on a hardley. as they would have you believe. but thats a diff story.

I have gotten to the point where I dont care to be around folks who ride hardleys w/attitudes.. its too bad, there are some good folks still on those bikes. poncho

Mick1956 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 10:02 PM
WEG

Hi Ponch;

Good assessment for both bikes and riders...

When I was a young pup an old "sea dog" I worked with told me, "Pigs is pigs". Not much you can do about it. The old saying, "trying to teach a pig to tap dance only frustrates you and pisses off the pig... " is so true. Let them enjoy their ignorance...

WEG
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 11:41 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Well put Ponch. I've seen it many times myself. Mostly they are just happy to be riding, but then you get the ones who think you are not good enough to ride the same roads if not on a Harley. They say you dont understand until you ride one. Well I did, an 09 Ultra Glide, then I bought a Voyager after deciding against a Vision. It was the only bike I couldnt wait to get home to get off of, guess I still dont get it.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 06:34 AM
Top Contributor

Can't stand people like that, but I don't let it get me down. I actually find humor in their ignorance. I am about a 10k/yr rider and most of it is solo commuting to work. I get all these odd looks too because I ride an HD Ultra Limited and wear full face helmet, joe rocket "Crotch Rocket" jacket and gloves where most people are sporting tank tops, shorts and tennis shoes with no helmet. I just shake my head and go on, just like they do with me.

1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 (First Bike)
2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic (First Big Bike)
2007 Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak (Love Affair)
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 07:00 AM
BOTM Winner
May 2015

Garage
I agree with you Ponch, I have noticed the same, when they are in a group, super unsocial.. But get them by them selves, and wave, talk what have you. But ohh well.

"Steve"
2011 Vaquero
2008 900 Custom(Sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dynojet PCV ,THUNDER MFG BAK,
VANCE & HINES PRO PIPE W/CUSTOM CERAMIC CT,
RacnRay's Throttle mod and Dyno tuned
AUX DRIVING LIGHT,BATTISTINI GRIPS AND PASS PEGS,THUNDER RAPTOR FLOORBOARDS,
STITCH ON TIME CUSTOM TEMPERPEDIC SADDLE
polk audio speakers, sound extreme amp
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 07:25 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Better watch out Ponch!

That kind of talk isn't welcome around here.
Harley Davidson is sacrosanct!
It won't be long before someone's calling you petty for not ignoring the disrespect, calling you a brand basher, then calling for this thread to be closed.

I'd love to see any videos you compile though.

2012 Voyager 1700 ---SOLD
Pearl Alpine White/Pearl Luster Beige
Nice

2011 Rocket III Touring
Phantom Black
Naughty

2016 Indian Roadmaster
Thunder Black

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 07:35 AM
BOTM Winner
May 2015

Garage
The Banditos are watching you PONCH!!! hahahaha

"Steve"
2011 Vaquero
2008 900 Custom(Sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
wocka, wocka, wocka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbg8r View Post
The Banditos are watching you PONCH!!! hahahaha
I am the Frito Bandito.. I like Frito cornchips, I like them, I do! I like them so much, I take them from you!.. aye yi yi yi.. poncho

btw, real banditos ride busa's

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 08:37 AM

I think we all get the same treatment. However, for me I see that in the Spring time most " riders" are just so happy to be out in the wind they'll wave at a bicycle. I'v got to admit I get the biggest kick when I get a wave for a kid.
So remember to keep some faith because there are still good people all around us. Remember, it says way more about them than it does about you.

Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff.

Ron
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 08:42 AM
BOTM Winner
May 2015

Garage
Heck, I found myself giving the 2 fingers down to a moped, looked like a sport bike till I got up on it.. hahahah

"Steve"
2011 Vaquero
2008 900 Custom(Sold)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode