Stupid question time. - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Stupid question time.

Ok so i travel a lot and really enjoy it. I have been down south all over west Virginia, Georgia, Louisiana all of those areas really and i have to say the people i have met have always been friendly and great people. How is it they put on TV shows like Appalachian Outlaws and just makes the people look completely like idiots. I don't understand this, People from that area have a very rich history and now they are being shown as inept. Why are they allowing themselves to be shown that way ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 03:33 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Pearl White/Titanium
Just another made for TV "reality show" someone gets paid. I think it less a reflection on the "actors" and more a showing of how stupid the producers think the viewers are. My current favorites are Moonshineers, showing there trade on TV and everything being filmed and the local cops not knowing, and Amish Mafia what can I say, MADE for TV
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 10:14 PM
wocka, wocka, wocka

reality tv says more about the people who watch that trash than those that make it. It's meth for the brain dead

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Villa View Post
reality tv says more about the people who watch that trash than those that make it. It's meth for the brain dead

You hit the nail on the head!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

you all are totally correct. LOL i enjoy some tv but here lately it just seems like tv has really dumbed it down lately
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Of course that could be just because i am not used to T.V. now. I have been over seas for a while then i was out in Wyoming ranching and i didn't have time to watch T.V. so I guess i can honestly say i am just surprised at how much T.V. has changed in the last Ten years.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan
Displacement/CC's: 1500FI
Color: Ebony Black/Galaxy Silver
Garage
Ponch, I really like your answer...
+5
I refuse to watch any reality TV program.

06 1500 Classic FI (Anniversary Edition)
Reward the truth, punish the liars...Ted Nugent
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Right on bro............................................... ...........
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Very well said. If people didnt watch them, they would stop making them. We always hear about terrorist being our enemy, but I think its really us being our own worst enemy.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
I'm with ya. My wife likes this one particular detective/cop drama where these FBI agents fly all over the country investigating serial killers. And every time they visit anywhere south of the Mason Dixon line, they meet up with some good-ol' boy southern-drawl Sherriff who didn't do any detective work, still uses a magnifying glass, doesn't have a computer, etc. Every time. It's a recurring theme. If they have to go down south, it's gonna be country-bumpkins who are stuck doing police work like it's the 1860's. Frankly I hate that show but she likes it so she watches it now and then.

All of these shows. "Ducky Dynasty" is another show I can't stand (Sorry, I know a lot of folks like it, I just don't get the entertainment value. At all). I especially can't stand it now that I've seen the "Robertsons" in interviews before their show came out (and even some since) where suddenly the dumb-country-bumpkin attitude is gone and they are the articulate, college-educated business moguls that they actually are. "Uncle Si", who plays the low-IQ comic relief, was a commissioned officer in the US Military and is college educated as well for crying out loud. These guys went to great schools and there's even some stuff floating around out there to suggest they really preferred country clubs and golf courses to swamps and bass boats before someone paid them to be rednecks.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode