Deer Hunting - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Deer Hunting

Well today was the first day of deer hunting for rifle season here in Pennsylvania. This was the first time I hunted since 2008 because of being in the hospital so much before my liver transplant. I said to myself the other day hell I feel good and able so I am going to go hunt deer again. So I borrowed a rifle, bought a license, and bagged a nice 200 pound 8 point this morning at 745 AM. Only thing hard was I had a 400 yard drag on dry ground to get it to where I could load it into the sons truck. I am darn tired but happy I went. Lots of good eating to come too.

OH NO, CRAMP CRAMP CRAMP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 09:51 PM
zig
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Congratulations! Man, a 200 lb buck down here would be close to a record! We pride ourselves in being good shots, but really we have to be because our deer are really small.
A "big mature buck" was taken not too far from here. People were pretty impressed at his 178 lb weight!

I'm sorry for everything I've ever said that has offended you up to this point and for the stuff I'll say that offends you tomorrow. Check back with me next week about all the new offensive stuff...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I forgot to add that I only fired one shot at about 125 yards from me too so I haven't lost my touch for the weapons.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: V2K
Displacement/CC's: Plenty
Color: Pearl-titanium
Garage
Talking Bagged a BIG one!

Glad to hear your hunt was a SUCCESS!!!!! Your part of the country has and will always mesmerize me... Have been fortunate enough to travel from Nebraska to Philly twice in my lifetime, (in a cage) ofcourse, when my kids were very tiny...Getting to see and experience the history of this Nation was overwhelming, whole new perspective from what they tried to teach us in school.... The landscape changes drastically in only a few short miles compared to the flatness where I live that goes on and on and on for miles. I enjoyed EVERY second of being that far east, furthest east I've ever been as well, made it to the boardwalk at the coast from Philly to Atlantic City NJ., that wasn't fur me so much, but difinately love the overwhelming amount of trees, forested ground, its amazing out there... Especially when all your used to here is mostly flat ground, (not everywhere, but mostly) then its the usual, corn, cows, corn, and more dang cows.

Co0ter V2K

2007 V2K Classic LT
Cobra pipes
Cobra fatty highway bars
Kuryakin pegs
Double Darkside
Poncho Villa custom backrest
Patriot Gaurd Rider
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 07:20 AM
wocka, wocka, wocka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co0terV2K View Post
Glad to hear your hunt was a SUCCESS!!!!!
Your part of the country has and will always mesmerize me... Getting to see and experience the history of this Nation was overwhelming, whole new perspective from what they tried to teach us in school.... The landscape changes drastically.. Philly

Especially when all your used to here is mostly flat ground, (not everywhere, but mostly) then its the usual, corn, cows, corn, and more dang cows.
Cow'asaki,, Penn..Philly. birth city Independence with capital I. that is what you find on the back roads of America. Independence. People who are Independent and not reliant on Gov and hand outs to scratch out a living.
Yes its a different America and History than what is taught in Gov skool propaganda. East/West coast and large Cities are full of brain dead zombies who drink koolaid from the Gov cup ever dependant on somebody else to provide for them.. they call it Progressive'ism, the new age religion. (its really jus slavery)
then ther are ol guys like st'InkyDogg that jus goes out an shoots him dinner. bet he shares that with his neighbors in need. thats how America is/was bilt. poncho

Last edited by Poncho Villa; 12-02-2014 at 11:07 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 11:16 AM
wocka, wocka, wocka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig View Post
Congratulations! Man, a 200 lb buck down here would be close to a record! We pride ourselves in being good shots, but really we have to be because our deer are really small.
A "big mature buck" was taken not too far from here. People were pretty impressed at his 178 lb weight!
west tex they growd em bigger.. hiking the Guadelupe mtns, came upon a buck that stood ez 5ft shoulders. his head was ez 6ft. have no idea how much he weighed, didn think it was proper etiquette to ask.. 'sides kinda spooked him.

down here city ways, we got plenty too many these lil deer the size of big dogs cuz we done hunted out all the predatory cats, dogs n bears. the deer are wired to over populate as they are one of the 5 food groups, they outgrow their food source and primary population control is by front bumper.

Last edited by Poncho Villa; 12-02-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode