Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Excuses to hit motorcycles!

Police: Driver Who Asked Jesus To Take The Wheel Hit Motorcyclist

LINK TO SOURCE STORY

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 03:41 PM
WEG

"Hill was arrested and charged with failure to stop after an accident and criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon." But Jesus got off with just a warning...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 06:50 PM
zig
Lifetime Premium

Garage
I'm glad he is okay.

I'm sorry for everything I've ever said that has offended you up to this point and for the stuff I'll say that offends you tomorrow. Check back with me next week about all the new offensive stuff...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 01:39 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
I like how irreverent the topic title is to the actual news story... It's not like the women driver was like, "Oh hey, a motorcyclist! Jesus, take the wheel!" The poor cyclist just happened to be in her path of recklessness as so were the other vehicle/objects she hit before coming to a stop. She was also on vicodin, a narcotic pain killer (LOOK AT ALL THE SIDE EFFECTS!) with clear warnings about not operating vehicles or heavy machinery. The women was obviously under the influence of the drug; because, no sane Christian would do such a thing.

This appears to be nothing more than attempted bashing against Christians, just like 99% of the comments below the news story. I'm glad no one was killed in the event; but I thoroughly detest how quickly people jump on the same bandwagon when certain religions are involved.

Respect others as you would want to be respected.

I'm gone!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 06:13 AM
WEG

Hi Crazyriderguy:

Being a baptized, communicate, confirmed "Christian" I don't think I was "bashing". It was a joke... Don't be so intolerant to your fellow man. Besides, there was only 66.66% not 99% : ) sorry if I hit a nerve with you. It certainly was not my intent. I'll try to be more "politically correct" in the future. Ride safely
WEG
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Hadn't read that she was on vicodin, but that makes sense.

People don't take driving seriously at all. For starters, everyone thinks they can do it better than everyone else. Multiple DWI's because they STILL think they can drive 'just fine' after a few drinks. And of course, narcotics that clearly instruct a person not to drive; "But that doesn't apply to me because I'm a really good driver and I feel fine". Well yeah, you will feel fine; but your judgement, reaction time, and inhibitions are all out of whack and you might even have a breakdown!

It's really a shame how many lives are lost because people don't take their cars seriously.

It's a pretty well known statistic that it's far safer to fly than it is to drive. In fact you have a 1% chance of dying in a car accident, and a 0.0000005% chance of dying in an air disaster. Some of that is strict aircraft standards, ATC, etc., but I think a lot of it is the exceptional training of the pilots and the fact that they, because they'd never complete their training if they didn't, really take seriously what they do. The penalties for failing to take it seriously are also pretty steep. It's amazing how many DWI's a person can rack up and still be out driving (plus, they'll drive without a license anyway). That sort of thing doesn't happen behind the yoke (or stick- for the growing Airbus crowd) of a commercial airliner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyriderguy View Post
I like how irreverent the topic title is to the actual news story... It's not like the women driver was like, "Oh hey, a motorcyclist! Jesus, take the wheel!" The poor cyclist just happened to be in her path of recklessness as so were the other vehicle/objects she hit before coming to a stop. She was also on vicodin, a narcotic pain killer (LOOK AT ALL THE SIDE EFFECTS!) with clear warnings about not operating vehicles or heavy machinery. The women was obviously under the influence of the drug; because, no sane Christian would do such a thing.

This appears to be nothing more than attempted bashing against Christians, just like 99% of the comments below the news story. I'm glad no one was killed in the event; but I thoroughly detest how quickly people jump on the same bandwagon when certain religions are involved.

Respect others as you would want to be respected.
People are wired to create an "us" and then a "them". Look at this forum, Harleys vs Metrics, Cars vs Motorcycles, Helmets vs No Helmets; you name it. There are a lot of people who have decided that Christianity is going to be their "them". This article didn't change the opinions of any of those commenters on the page. It was simply an opportunity for people with an already solidified opinion to lash out when even they know deep down that this is far from normal behavior for a Christian (or any human being). Just like deep down the Harley bashers know that the 1,000 miles a year trailer queen Harley's where the owner doesn't own anything without a bar and shield is not the norm (deep down, they'll never admit it though); and so on and so forth. But that'll never ever stop them from taking any opportunity, news clipping, or snippet of bad news about their particular "Them" and blow it out of proportion. Heck, not too long ago the Vulcan group on facebook had a guy post an article about a Harley rider losing control and crashing and claiming that Harley riders don't know how to ride. Really? There's never been a Vulcan lose control around a corner?

It's just who we are as humans. It's the reasons we have wars and it's the reason we don't all get along as well as we should. For some reason, our ego's demand that we be better and the easiest way to be better is not to improve ourselves; it's to degrade someone else. You're not gonna change it, I'm not gonna change it, and this news article didn't change it. It's just a fact of life.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT

Last edited by Romans5.8; 07-25-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode