What's the wildest used price you've seen? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

What's the wildest used price you've seen?

Was just browsing through craigslist and looking at cars, trucks, bikes and accessories.

Came across a 2003 Honda Rebel. 18k miles. Looked like it'd been abused, BADLY. Scratches and dents on the tank, both hand control levers had the tips broken off. Asking price, 5 grand.

If dude sells it, I'm gonna ask $10K for my Honda 500. It's in better shape, and it's vintage. :O

Here's my Honda, getting a bath.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1393333516985.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	58401  

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step will surely be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

Without the rain, we'd never appreciate the sun~E.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:18 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Maybe they added one to many zeros.

08 Classic FI 1500
06 Sporty 1200
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyford View Post
Maybe they added one to many zeros.
I suppose that's possible. But the ad said "price is pretty firm, but MAY negotiate"

Leads me to think they knew exactly what they posted. Also, people around here have a sickening tendency to ask for higher than NEW retail prices for used and worn out JUNK.

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step will surely be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:45 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Used to have a boss who also had a car lot. He would ask really high prices, said if he sold it, he made a big profit, if not, he wrote it off as a buisness loss, but thats a buisness. Maybe the guys wife told him he had to sell it. A guy I work with told him he needed to sell his VTX, so he put it up for sell at $1000 more than he paid for it 5 years earlier.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan
Displacement/CC's: 1500FI
Color: Ebony Black/Galaxy Silver
Garage
Thanks for the picture, haven't seen rain here in months.....

By the way, where did you find your signature line?
Come if you must, but only if you must.....

06 1500 Classic FI (Anniversary Edition)
Reward the truth, punish the liars...Ted Nugent
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Thanks for the picture, haven't seen rain here in months.....

By the way, where did you find your signature line?
Come if you must, but only if you must.....
I really can't remember if I made that up in a drunken philosophical moment, or read it somewhere. I found it in my sig line on another forum one morning after drinking. I've tried googling it, and the only thing I can find on it is where it's in my sig on that forum.

So for now, until proven wrong, I have to give myself credit for that one since I'm the only source that I've found for it. But it doesn't seem like something I'd come up with.

You're welcome to see if you can find it, I'd like to give credit where it's due.

Edit to add: I just searched it, and combinations of words in it, and pieces of it. Nothing. I think that one's mine then. I should copywrite that kinda stuff.

Last edited by Trip286; 02-25-2014 at 04:21 PM.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:08 AM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan
Displacement/CC's: 1500FI
Color: Ebony Black/Galaxy Silver
Garage
I tried to search it yesterday, then sent you the message.
It just sounds similar to the things written/posted on the barracks wall when I was in basic training about a hundred years ago. Of course mostr of the quotes on our walls were from Gen. Patton. I just thought this might be a Marine specific thing, and no offense meant to your philosophical abilities drunk or sober...

06 1500 Classic FI (Anniversary Edition)
Reward the truth, punish the liars...Ted Nugent

Last edited by Dean; 02-26-2014 at 07:16 AM.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 09:36 AM
Lifetime Premium

Not bike related but this is the most ridiculous price I've ever seen. http://autoplicity.com/products/3925...park_plug.aspx

09 Vulcan 500 LTD
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I tried to search it yesterday, then sent you the message.
It just sounds similar to the things written/posted on the barracks wall when I was in basic training about a hundred years ago. Of course mostr of the quotes on our walls were from Gen. Patton. I just thought this might be a Marine specific thing, and no offense meant to your philosophical abilities drunk or sober...
I've seen some pretty awesome stuff written on Marine barracks walls. Considering this doesn't seem to be something I'd come up with, although I have come up with similar things, that could be where it came from.

But I first started using about a year ago. Along with "I'd rather my own son see me die on my feet a free man, than live to see him go, broken, into slavery." (that one's mine, and I'm kinda proud of it).

I've been out of the service now for 8 years. I have a pretty piss poor memory, a result of too many hits to the head and a soggy brain I imagine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
When I started riding a few years back in 2010, I spent a couple weeks surfing Craigslist for used bikes. One local listing had been reposted every other day for a week, so I frequently clicked on it. It was a 2006 Honda VLX600 with 9k miles and they wanted $7500 for it. I often wonder if that bike ever sold.

Everything else I see that seems ridiculous is H-D, usually from a private seller. Folks think, for some reason, they can sell a bike (or car, or snow machine, or lawnmower) for what they've got into it. The chrome and performance mods help some, but you sure shouldn't expect to recoup your costs on it.

OURS
2011 Victory Cross Roads, crimson red

"There is only one God, and His name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'not today.'"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode