God I Love Ohio!!!! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
God I Love Ohio!!!!

Woke up to -16* F and thought of this...

It's winter in Ohio
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy mile an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh how I love Ohio
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful...

So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Ohio
Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

It either runs like a raped ape or your just flinging poo!

1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

Last edited by chopaholic; 01-28-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 06:07 PM
zig
Lifetime Premium

Garage
That's good. It made me laugh. Do what you can to keep warm.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 08:36 PM

Motorcycle poet

Great poem, I hope you will soon be writing about spring. It's a little cold here in West Texas but I guess I'll quit whining.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 06:01 AM

negative 16 today 55 on saturday O what fun

2009 Vulcan Custom SE
Invicta Harley Fairing
Led Turn Signals
Saddlemen Seat
Lowered 2"
Heated Grips
Britt Drag Pipes
HID Headlight
White LED UnderGlow
Knock Off ISO Grips
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 05:06 PM

I was in Indiana and Ohio the weekend of 18 - 21st for my granddaughter's baptism. I was sure glad to get back to Arizona and that was during the "warm" spell. I thought the Air Force Museum was great. I wish I had more time to really take it in.

2010 Vulcan 900 Classic LT, 2007 SeaRay 185, nine children, one wife.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Broke above freezing today. Gah. Can't wait for spring. This past Sunday it got up to about 45 or 50 for the high, and the wife and I spent some quality on the bike time. I had a stomach bug and was throwing up... er... from both ends. But I wasn't about to not ride.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Damn it was a bad day... -18*F this morning. We lost one of our goats. My daughters 2013 Grand Champion Dairy Goat. She's heart broken. The issue being the ground is so hard that I have to have someone come out with a mini excavator to dig a hole to bury her. Saddest part is that she was due for babies in April. We sat with her all morning in the barn just keeping her warm and comfortable.

I hate Ohio!

If anyone knows of registered ADGA Nubian Does for sale let us know cause my lil girl just lost her 4-h project to Acute sudden onset pneumonia.

It either runs like a raped ape or your just flinging poo!

1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 09:05 AM

As a former Buckeye (Wood County) I feel for 'ya. I think the cold you are getting now exceeds anything we experienced back in the day. I can only remember one VERY cold spell when it got to -19 one night when I was in HS, and leaving my girlfriend's house I reached for the chrome headlight switch on my dad's '57 Oldsmobile. When my fingers stuck to it I knew it was pretty cold.

And I don't want to hear any comments about wet fingers. That's none of your business.

2003 Vulcan 1600 Classic
2008 Suzuki V-Strom DL650A (the "Wee-Strom")
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 10:15 PM

This year has been the coldest I have experienced in my life (I'm 30), as they said it was the coldest it's been in 50 or so years. One morning it was -27 or so. I went to my car, finally got it started after prying open the door and my clutch didn't want to come back to me. My starter nearly got stuck when it finally started. I turned it off and went inside. Called my boss and worked from home. I am not a winter fan to say the least. The thing that really makes you wonder is that two summers ago it was around 50f nearly the entire time.

Chris
Black 2011 Vaquero 1700
Black 2007 900 Custom (sold)
VBA #02389
VROC #24810
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_law23 View Post
This year has been the coldest I have experienced in my life (I'm 30), as they said it was the coldest it's been in 50 or so years. One morning it was -27 or so. I went to my car, finally got it started after prying open the door and my clutch didn't want to come back to me. My starter nearly got stuck when it finally started. I turned it off and went inside. Called my boss and worked from home. I am not a winter fan to say the least. The thing that really makes you wonder is that two summers ago it was around 50f nearly the entire time.
I can remember temps (almost) this cold- but I cannot remember temps this cold this often for this long. Watching the Mississippi and Missouri rivers freeze all the way across, hearing about people driving cars across ponds. That's not the kind of stuff that happens in Missouri. If it DOES get that cold, it's for short, brisk periods. Not weeks on end. This has been a BRUTAL winter.

It's taken it's toll on the cars too. They are handling it fine but they sure don't like it. My clutch is a bit "off" and my transmission is very notchy in my Focus (and it's a 2014 with 5k miles!). Cranks slow in the morning too (thick oil!). Wife says her car has been taking forever to warm up. Yuck!

But, it looks to be practically over according to the long range forecast. 65!!!!!!!!!! in the forecast for next week.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode