Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Die hard!!!

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Jeep Pirate 
#1 ·
I'm sitting at a traffic light on my way home from work today. A guy pulls up next to me on a Ninja wearing a pair of shorts. Kicker is it's 35 degrees and snowing.:eek: Hope he didn't have too far to travel.

#11 ·
I used to wear shorts.... That was before I put the shiny side down - in shorts and a t shirt. I was not hurt badly, but asphalt road really takes the hide off!!!

Learned the hard way - wear jeans at least, NEVER shorts again for me.

#4 ·
My old next door neighbor in college was from the part of North Dakota that is in the arctic circle. He used to come over barefooted when it was snowing and ride his bike in crazy cold temperatures wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

I have also seen him ride with no helmet (illegal in NC), and just shorts with a pistol stuck in his pocket. No shirt, no shoes. He had a good excuse. His bike had been stolen two weeks earlier and he had gotten a new one. He saw his old bike ride by and tried to catch the guy. Luckily he got away. I am pretty certain that would have ended really badly if my buddy had found him. I know he didn't really want to shoot anyone, but bad things happen when you have a hurt dog cornered.

#10 ·
LOL! I have to agree. That was my first thought also. Can you say shrinkage George Costanza? 30 degrees on my way to work today, I passed a guy on a Goldwing. So what is the coldest temperature you regularly ride at before you hang it up? Comments anyone?

#13 ·
lowest temp to ride

I ride 50 minutes at 60+ mph to work every morning that it is not raining. I have a memphis slim windshield. I wear regular 8" tall workboots, snow ski pants over jeans, a sweatshirt under my leather jacket, snow ski gloves, and a neck warmer with my full face helmet. I can ride down to about 37 degrees F. My main issue is that my fingers start to hurt after about 25 minutes. I am planning to get some leather actual winter biker gloves soon. That should help a lot. Of course, much lower and you have to worry about ice on the road and I don't think I want to risk that. Although I have a buddy in the UK that rides everyday regardless. Even with snow on the roads. Of course, his commute is only about 15 minutes. Still, I am not riding my bike in snow and ice!:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.