Canadian COmpanies, or US companies that don't use UPS - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Canadian COmpanies, or US companies that don't use UPS

Ok, thought I would post this here, as well as on another forum.

I need some stuff for my bike and I am checking out some sites and shipping info. My problem is this, so many times I order things from the USA and pay the price plus shipping, and then get dinged at my door for duty charges by UPS, for instance. I ordered a book and DVD, price $100.00 shipping $30.00 no problem, it shows up at my door and the UPS guy tells me I owe $73.60 for Duty and handling charges. I am sick of this happening. I also refused that order saying I wouldn't pay another $73.60, as that made the shipping higher than the price of the item, and sent it back.

So, I am looking for Canadian companies for the things I need like a backrest, highway pegs, maybe other things, OR a US company that will ship through the USPS, so the duty is not so insane.

ANyone else run into this problem, or deal with companies that ship by other carriers that don't want more money at the door. At no time were these extra charges mentioned while ordering, and when they are that high on a $100.00 order, I am scared to order anything that may be $300 bucks!

Let me know where you order from if you are in Canada, and who they ship through please!
I am going to check out some local shops here, since I found crash bars and a windshield and see if I can get them to order the backrest for me. It also seems there is alot of items for the 1500 Drifter more so than the 800, so if you have links for 800 Drifter accessories, can you post them to save me some time sorting through the stuff that won't fit my bike?

Lisa
PEI, Canada
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 PM

Parts

GG check www.novascotiabikers.com,under bikes for sale they have a bike trailer . Check www.bouque.com, he has great prices on tires etc. I priced a powercommander from the USA $274.99 plus shipping $24.95. I got a price form him $315.00 Canadian taxes in. He ships also to the US. Just e-mail him for the parts you want he he will give you a price

keep your head up and your stick on the ice
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 PM

i have used motosport in the past..they quote you in cdn $ and guarantee the shipping costs they quote you are correct and that you will not be billed any additional charges when the parts arrive. the 3 or 4 times i have used them, there were no additional charges

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Top Contributor

Hey Groom.......That is why 99.9% of Canadians do not use UPS 2 bring in items from the USA.........They add on crazy BS fees and r total rip offs here in Canada.....When i am in my dealing mode i buy and sell big dollar items from the USA and around the world....I got burned at first till the dollars amounts were unheard of......When ever u buy anything from the USA.......Tell the shipper they must ship USPS........They have same as us and u can have it send signed 4......Then u have guaranteed delivery.....U sign 4 it at delivery....Tracking.....And Canada Post only charges u 5.00 for brokering.....The odd time ur items may get napped by customs and u may have 2 pay a small amount of duty......But on my items about 1 in 10 get tagged 4 customs.....So use the post.....Save urself a lot of money and trouble.....And is usually just as quick and cheaper 2 ship...........NEVER EVER USE ....UPS....IN CANADA......And if u use Ebay it is plastered all over there......Have prob read that about 1000 times over the years on Ebay........Terry..........

4 WHEELS MOVE THE BODY.....2 WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Top Contributor

I refuse to deal with UPS.....ripped me off too many times.
Only use USPS/ Canada post.

Try www.gpbikes.com for things in Canada. I have ordered several things online from them.
But I have ordered more from www.cruisercustomizing.com and always sent USPS.
also www.denniskirk.com

06 VN1500 Classic Anniversary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode