Ontario Riders, Which Insurance Company? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Ontario Riders, Which Insurance Company?

To All my Ontario riders.
Trying to find a good insurance company, that doesn't charge an arm and leg. Anyone have insurance under $1000 that allows you to ride to work? Just bought a 99 Vulcan Nomad, would like to ride it without having to take out a loan for insurance. I got a quote from Rider'splus and TD insurance both expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 07:06 PM

Rider Plus policy
Brampton - 2005 V2K - 47 years - 6 years continous policy - 1 speeding ticket ( no points ) - 2 million - full coverage..... $ 1065
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 04:02 AM

I'm in Alberta, also private insurance. Around here Jevco is very competitive, and I insure through them. They're in Ontario, too.

Scott Fraser
Calgary

two little scooters
two super-scooters
two shiny cruisers

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 PM

I'm in Toronto. Best rates by a huge margin that I could find was Dalton Timmis. Give them a try, I was amazed that their rate was less than half of the company I insure my car with. I am still with them, and very pleased with their service. They specialize in m/cycle insurance.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 04:59 PM

Ontario is just plain nuts for insurance. I rode in Quebec, then didn't ride for 25 years. Since they now classify me as a new rider. I'm paying 1200 for the first year and a forecast of 300 less next year. This is through All Risk a broker in Kingston for Jevco. Another broker for Jevco in Kingston wanted 1475. This is for an 06 1500 VN without collision, with a clean driving record. If you found somewhere cheaper let me know. I've yet to find a company that will give a discount for taking the MSC. But I took it anyway. You see what the American riders are paying, and I have to assume the Insurance industry is regulated down there and we're making up the differance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode