Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums - View Single Post - Shedding some weight on the beast
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:17 PM
chanoc1077
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: V2K Does it matter what year??
Displacement/CC's: A Shitload
Color: Black+Gun Metal
Garage
Is pro'bly easier to just go on a diet...

Yeah... Right?

I know!!!

You can't take that much of the Beast's weight off, you might notice it a bit when maneuvering in your garage/driveway or in a parking lot, but once you are off and running the bike is quite nimble, can't feel all that weight.

Best advice I could think on giving on this issue is do not do those slow speed moves loaded up on luggage or with a passenger or at least not until you get a good feel for the bike and are really used to it. BALANCE is the key.

I usually don't let my wife on until I am pointed in the right direction and ready to go, after getting synced to the Bike's balance the most trouble is crawling speed with passenger on, other than that is not really hard to handle, maybe a bit of a workout but that keeps my arms from flapping too much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
salu2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chanoc

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome