Forum search not working??? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Wes

Forum search not working???

I have not been able to search the forum for some time now. It comes up with an odd mostly blank page that has some of the links still there. But no results ever come up. It looks like a page that didnt load correctly.

I do not believe it is a membership issue, because I always thought I was a free member and not paid. Maybe I paid at one time and it ran out. Dont remember that though. And I never received any renewal notices either.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried all of the search bars, same result. Well, the ebay search still works of course.

Administrator, if there are any known issues with the search please let me know.

Thanks

2003 Nomad 1500 FI
TFI- computer
Vance and Hines/ K&N intakes
Aeromach risers
Grasshopper driver backrest (luvin it!)
Metzler white walls
Wompus Rack
Tomtom Rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I have not been able to search the forum for some time now. It comes up with an odd mostly blank page that has some of the links still there. But no results ever come up. It looks like a page that didnt load correctly.

I do not believe it is a membership issue, because I always thought I was a free member and not paid. Maybe I paid at one time and it ran out. Dont remember that though. And I never received any renewal notices either.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried all of the search bars, same result. Well, the ebay search still works of course.

Administrator, if there are any known issues with the search please let me know.

Thanks
I just tried the regular and advanced search and it worked perfectly, instant results and many links? Perhaps try clearing out your browser or even another browser altogether and see if that cures your issue. I am using Chrome by the way. Also, are you using any ad blocking software?

Edit: I just reread your post and your mention of ebay gave me the answer. You are using the search at the top left I believe. I was using the search that is in the list of tabs between "New Posts" and "Quick Links" You are correct, the top left search field isn't working for me either and I will escalate the issue for help. Try the search I used and let me know if that works for you.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MN-Rider; 10-14-2013 at 07:48 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Wes

[QUOTE= You are using the search at the top left I believe. I was using the search that is in the list of tabs between "New Posts" and "Quick Links" [/QUOTE]

I've never used that search before! Thanks, that one works so much better. The one I usually use is to the right, but isnt always there. Or the top one. And it brings up good stuff as well. Guess I never really noticed this one.

This is a much better search for the forum. Thanks

The other one is still messed up though. I use chrome as well. And I get the same result at work and at home.

Thanks again. I'll be using this search from now on.

2003 Nomad 1500 FI
TFI- computer
Aeromach risers
Metzler white walls
Wompus Rack
Tomtom Rider

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Lifetime Premium

thanks MN-Rider, I was having the same problem. I am new to this forum, and learning the ropes..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
FYI:

The top left search box (Google Custom Search) also has been fixed so both search options are now available.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Rider View Post
FYI:

The top left search box (Google Custom Search) also has been fixed so both search options are now available.
Thanks. That's back to what I was seeing before. But I"ll still use the other search you showed me. Its great that it only brings up old posts.

2003 Nomad 1500 FI
TFI- computer
Aeromach risers
Metzler white walls
Wompus Rack
Tomtom Rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page