Problem with opening login screen - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
BOTM Winner
June 2016

Problem with opening login screen

It happens on my computer and my phone (and used to happen with yahoo until I paid their $3.50/mth subscription rate) that the first page is so loaded with small movies loading up as advertisements that it freezes the screen on and off and it takes several attempts to log in. I can click on user name or password and it takes intermittent pauses before the whole name or password gets entered.

It's even worse on my phone where the screen will continually reset until I'm fast enough, or the screen pauses long enough, for me to get my name and password in.

Is it the number of ads appearing for a non-paid member? It's not a problem once I get signed in, it's just a big problem trying to sign in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 11:58 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2002 Vulcan 500
Displacement/CC's: 500
Color: Maroon
Garage
I'm a non paid member, and I don't have that issue on my phone, tablet, or laptop.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

'02 Vulcan 500 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
BOTM Winner
June 2016

My stuff is old. Like, really old. I get a phone and use it til the death and just fix it and replace screens and batteries if they die =)

Maybe I need to upgrade....

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 07:38 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki 900 Custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Burnt Orange
Garage
Sounds like your computer is infected with adware. You can download free software to help clean it up. I usually go to cnet and select downloads with a top rating.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
"WHAT A RIDE!"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Have you tried a different web browser? Cleared your cache/cookies? Download the free Malwarebytes software and try running that also.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Garage
^ in addition to that, make sure you check off the 'Remember Me' option next to your login credentials so you don't have to enter your info and struggle to sign in because of these ads.

Let us know if these suggestions work for you and/or if you need further assistance. Thanks!

Cheers,
Natalie

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 04:15 PM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2011 Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/Silver
Garage
I was going to suggest the free version of Malwarebytes as well. Excellent excellent program. Been using it for 10+ years

Randy A.
Mechanicsville, VA
2011 Voyager - Blue/Silver - "Addie"
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Garage
I would advise that you run a malware check as suggested above.
Can you give that a shot and let us know how that workout for you afterwards?

Richard.

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
BOTM Winner
June 2016

It's a work computer at the hospital that I use on break, and my phone is a 5s, so I'm not able to

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode