Premium Account w/o PayPal - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2015/Kawa/Vulcan S 🏍
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: White
Garage
Premium Account w/o PayPal

I would like to support the site by becoming a premium member. However, I do not have a PayPal account nor do I want one. I am well aware that the aforementioned comment sounds absurd in 2017, however I refuse to signup or open a PayPal account regardless of it being free.

With that being said, I find it odd that I cannot pay the $15 without opening a PayPal account. There should certainly be another option for the few that do not have PayPal accounts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 02:39 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2001 Vulcan Nomad 1500FI
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Maroon/Gold
Garage
I thought you could make a payment via PayPal without having to open an account.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phipps33 View Post
I thought you could make a payment via PayPal without having to open an account.
That is something I've done in the past for purchases. However, for this site, following the links presented to pay, presents only the options to login to an existing account to pay or to create an account to pay (i.e. There is no guest payment option).

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 03:47 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2001 Vulcan Nomad 1500FI
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Maroon/Gold
Garage
Well, that thinks! Wonder if it's a setting they can change?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phipps33 View Post
Well, that thinks! Wonder if it's a setting they can change?
If so then I'm down to contribute.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2172_1502052614375.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	200090  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Garage
Paypal is set for auto-renewal in the yearly subscription which is why there's no option for using credit card. but if you select the lifetime membership, you can use credit card via paypal (no need to have a paypal account.)

Lee

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Paypal is set for auto-renewal in the yearly subscription which is why there's no option for using credit card. but if you select the lifetime membership, you can use credit card via paypal (no need to have a paypal account.)

Lee
I'm not sure how I feel about a site having automatic renewals. I'd rather get an email stating that my subscription is coming to an end and premium benefits would revert to free account status if the subscription is not renewed with an overview of what those benefits were.

It's guaranteed that in a year from now, I would've forgotten that I had a subscription.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Garage
You can remove any auto-renewals from within PayPal.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
3. Click My money.
4. Click Update in the My preapproved payments section.
5. Click Cancel, Cancel automatic billing, or Cancel subscription and follow the instructions.

Thanks,
- JB

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
these sites.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
You can remove any auto-renewals from within PayPal.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
3. Click My money.
4. Click Update in the My preapproved payments section.
5. Click Cancel, Cancel automatic billing, or Cancel subscription and follow the instructions.

Thanks,
- JB
Which, once again, requires a PayPal account.

Shouldn't the user be able to decide at the time of signup whether he/she wants to signup for automatic renewals?

Option 1) Auto-Renew (Requires PayPal Account)
Option 2) Non-Renewing, must manually renew or lose premium benefits

That would make more sense to someone like myself who doesn't want to create a PayPal account just for the sake of canceling the sole purpose of creating one to begin with.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Garage
Hey there,

You can make a one time payment without needing to create a PayPal account if you use the express check out as seen here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PayPalExpress.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	200410

Have you given that a try and see if that works for you? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,
Natalie

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
these sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode