User appreciation? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
KV9002010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BG Wa
Posts: 165
User appreciation?

I am pretty new here, I am sorry if I have missed it. Is there some sort of user (member) appreciation area here?

I am on a number of car, gaming, pet and cycle forums and they all seem to have a member appreciation area or thumbs up type of thing to show appreciation to other members and I am either missing it or not seeing it here.

There are some really great members here that are genuinely here to help and that deserves some sort of acknowledgement.
KV9002010 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Senior Member
 
TX1677095's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by KV9002010 View Post
I am pretty new here, I am sorry if I have missed it. Is there some sort of user (member) appreciation area here?

I am on a number of car, gaming, pet and cycle forums and they all seem to have a member appreciation area or thumbs up type of thing to show appreciation to other members and I am either missing it or not seeing it here.

There are some really great members here that are genuinely here to help and that deserves some sort of acknowledgement.
Bike people are tough and don't need all that touchy-feely stuff like you see in all those other sissy forums you listed.

Actually, I've wondered the same thing myself, but I think any any "rating" system would need to include both a thumbs-up (or +1) and a thumbs-down option (or -1).
TX1677095 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
V2K Rogue Wrangler
 
Kaw-poke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,112
You jackwagons need a hanky?
Kaw-poke is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
TX1677095's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw-poke View Post
You jackwagons need a hanky?
Ah, now you've gone and hurt my feelings.

See? That's what we're talkin' 'bout here---right there is the perfect example of where a would come in oh so handy! Man, this could be so much fun.
TX1677095 is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 11:53 AM
V2K Rogue Wrangler
 
Kaw-poke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX1677095 View Post
Ah, now you've gone and hurt my feelings.

See? That's what we're talkin' 'bout here---right there is the perfect example of where a would come in oh so handy! Man, this could be so much fun.
seein' as you live just up the street from me, you coulda voted with your feet...

you get 5 thumbzup for restraint!
Kaw-poke is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Senior Member
 
TX1677095's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw-poke View Post
seein' as you live just up the street from me, you coulda voted with your feet...

you get 5 thumbzup for restraint!
As we are both well aware, Texas is a concealed-carry state and, thus, for the most part, we tend to be a very polite and respectful populace.
TX1677095 is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
KV9002010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BG Wa
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw-poke View Post
You jackwagons need a hanky?
No appreciation for you!

Yes, I will take that hanky. Don't worry you will get it back.
KV9002010 is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX1677095 View Post
Bike people are tough and don't need all that touchy-feely stuff like you see in all those other sissy forums you listed.
Very tough, with their full-face helmets, textile mesh-cooling, sweat-wicking jackets, armor-plated jeans, etc . . . lol.
flywithlloyd is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithlloyd View Post
Very tough, with their full-face helmets, textile mesh-cooling, sweat-wicking jackets, armor-plated jeans, etc . . . lol.
Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
clannagael is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Senior Member
 
TX1677095's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithlloyd View Post
Very tough, with their full-face helmets, textile mesh-cooling, sweat-wicking jackets, armor-plated jeans, etc . . . lol.
Careful, else one of the really tough ones hits you with their purse.
TX1677095 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just Showing My Appreciation To This Forum Fointwinder Vulcan 500 8 09-14-2011 11:54 AM
Just bought a 2005 vulcan 1600 classic, but no user manual.. Boris_F Vulcan 1600 16 06-11-2010 03:36 PM
Free USER manual for 900 Custom. slaponte Vulcan 900 0 01-14-2010 10:24 AM
Highest No.of Internet User nikdevid The Lounge (Off Topic) 1 11-29-2009 09:26 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome