How-to's - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb How-to's

I think it would be a good idea for each model Vulcan forum to have a sub-forum for How-To's. This would be were readers and bloggers can write up and post their own how-to's for projects. Something as simple as removing a seat or gas tank, to more in depth modification projects. The how-to's would be step by step, and include diagrams and pictures made by the writer. This would not only help beginners get started, but would also allow more experienced Vulcan enthusiasts share their knowledge and experiences with the rest of the Vulcan community. I, for one, will be working on my own how-to, for removing and taking apart the carburetor from my Vulcan 500, for Jmak, a fellow 500 owner. My post could show the format that might work for future how-to's. Please take my request into consideration. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Sub forums or sticky's at the top of the threads?

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Sticky's are basically threads that stay at the top of each forum correct? I think that if each How-to were to be made a sticky.. then it would get pretty cluttered if you get a number of how-to's. My initial thought was a sub-forum.. a folder that would contain all of the how-to's.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 11:33 AM

Way to go Metallhed. This will work and give some valuable information and pictures. Nothing is too basic to include. Experienced bikers may think something is easy but if it has not been done by someone else it is not that easy. I took my seat lock off. It took a while and was pretty easy after I did it twice, once to remove the lock put it back together to ride and then do it again to put the lock back after a locksmith re keyed it for me. Jmak
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

How to is posted in the 500 folder. Let me have some feedback on what everyone thinks about it! Constructive criticism is welcome!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 03:27 PM

Leinenkugel - there I think I spelled it correctly? Metallhed, your directions and pictures were very good esp the one with the beer... Now let's see if your bike runs better...here is hoping it will. Jmak
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:00 PM

Yeah when I joined the site, I had hoped I would find a more extensive FAQs page. Any documented help is always a plus!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
I do have some questions into the site's administrator asking what is possible and what exactly we can do. Will report back when I get the answers.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 11:59 AM

This is a good idea. I would recommend the how-to be up at the top of the page, almost like how the monthly bike contest works.....this way we do not have to search for everything.

I would really dig the pics and easy how to's since I do better wtih pics and help instead of the encyclopedia writing style of some repair manuals.

Oh....which repair kit comes with a beer? Just need to know
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

LOL BH.. beer sold separately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode