Stars for rating threads - One Gold star for "Terrible" makes sense... how? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Thumbs down Stars for rating threads - One Gold star for "Terrible" makes sense... how?

We have a spammer in one of the forums that isn't being taken care of, and I went to rate the latest spammed thread as terrible.

Trying to rate a thread as good or bad only assigns it one through five stars.

What does that do? It puts a gold star in the line of the listed thread in the forum as if there was something special about that thread - which completely counters forum members' attempts to warn other forum members to avoid the post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vid
big grips, 19-42 tooth sprockets
rusty handlebars, rusty pegs, rusty mirrors
wrapped Cobra exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Banned

Ok, to test i clicked on Rating and clicked the 1 star, let's see what happens.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degreaser View Post
Ok, to test i clicked on Rating and clicked the 1 star, let's see what happens.
Thanks for giving me a Gold Star!

vid

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Banned

Ok, after clicking on the 1 Star and looking at this thread it displayes 1 gold star beside the thread
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Banned

But I thought you meant that if you click on the 1 Star it shows up at 5 Stars? My 1 Star click just displays 1 Star
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Banned

let's try 2 stars
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Banned

oops, says cannot vote again, no repeat votes allowed, my 1 star vote is fixed now
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
But I thought you meant that if you click on the 1 Star it shows up at 5 Stars? My 1 Star click just displays 1 Star
No, that's not what I meant. Maybe I wrote it poorly?

Here in the USA, a "Gold Star" is known as a reward from back in the days when, in grade school, the teacher would place a gold star on tests or assignments that were done to nearly a 100% achievement level.

What I'm saying is - the use of even only a single gold star to imply something is not worth reading makes no sense.

Quote:
oops, says cannot vote again, no repeat votes allowed, my 1 star vote is fixed now
And I'm fine with that, 'cause even one Gold Star means Awesomeness to everyone in the world except to, apparently, the Vulcan Forum page designer, lol.

vid

Last edited by Mambo Dave; 02-08-2012 at 07:12 AM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Banned

I remember those star sticker ratings the teacher put beside student names, I always thought it was unfair because all the most popular students got most of the stars, I was like, I hate this star system, cause all the other kids can now see how unpopular I am, its like giving the other kids reason to point the finger at me and snicker
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
I remember those star sticker ratings the teacher put beside student names, I always thought it was unfair because all the most popular students got most of the stars, I was like, I hate this star system, cause all the other kids can now see how unpopular I am, its like giving the other kids reason to point the finger at me and snicker
That's crazy.

In the schools I've attended it was based on getting an A or A+ on a quiz or something like that.

vid

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode