Messages marked as unread - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Kap
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Messages marked as unread

I had some minor issues with the old site, but the new one seems to be more visible. Here's the deal...

When I read a thread (to the last message), the system shows it properly has un-highlighted and "read". However, the next time I log on that same thread may now change and show as unread (even if there's no new messages). That doesn't happen all the time, but more than once a day.

This issue gets worse when I change computers. If I am logged on with my user name on both computers and read a thread on one of them (my home computer for example), then go to work and look at that same thread, it will show as unread.

It seems the system is using cookies to track the last message read and it's not reliable. Also, if it does use cookies, it would seem more effective to track read messages on your server (by user), than using system cookies on the user's computer.

Kap

2010 Classic LT - Imperial Red & Metallic Titanium ("
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
")

Friends tell me I need to get in shape. Round is a shape, isn't it?

Last edited by Kap; 07-20-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Do you log off from each computer?

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Kap
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Rider View Post
Do you log off from each computer?
No, I haven't been. I use a total of 4 systems (iphone, iPad, and 2 different laptops).

Here's something funny, when I logged on this morning, the system remembered my activity from last night without issue. Go figure???

Kap

2010 Classic LT - Imperial Red & Metallic Titanium ("
")

Friends tell me I need to get in shape. Round is a shape, isn't it?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Garage
Let us know if your threads are showing up as unread again. It could be the system taking a bit of time to update your read list.

~Kay

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode