Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Send a PM to "admin" and ask this question.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Garage
unsure how to cancel your PayPal subscription below is a brief walk
through:

1. Log into your paypal control panel.
2. Click on your history tab.
3. Find the subscription in your history and click on it.
4. You will be given the option to cancel the subscription or renew
it. Select cancel.
You may also find it by doing an advanced search using your subscription
number.

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for waiting until AFTER my renewal date to reply...very honorable of you Admin. This information should really be posted somewhere where it is easily accessible.

2009 Vulcan 900 SE
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 08:53 AM

I cannot find the PayPal control panel.
I have no interest in a paid recurring subscription!!

The directions here and lack of them elsewhere seem deliberately obtuse.

Further the email I received omits this option.

Pretty SAD....

Dear Vulcanrules,

Your access to the paid subscription "VulcanForums.com: Premium Membership" is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,
Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums, a part of VerticalScope Inc.
111 Peter Street, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5V 2H1

Contact Us - https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/sendmessage.php
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanrules View Post
I cannot find the PayPal control panel.
I have no interest in a paid recurring subscription!!

The directions here and lack of them elsewhere seem deliberately obtuse.

Further the email I received omits this option.

Pretty SAD....
This is what I have been told in the past:
What happens is that members must turn off the auto-renewal option in their PayPal account to prevent the charge from reoccurring every year. It's the only way to stop it as we have no access to member's Paypal accounts.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 09:08 AM

So I must go into my PayPal account via PayPal and verify if I have any subscription there? Fine but why not make it obvious if I do or do not have a subscription in the email or on this site??
NOT cool and definitely NOT legit.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanrules View Post
So I must go into my PayPal account via PayPal and verify if I have any subscription there? Fine but why not make it obvious if I do or do not have a subscription in the email or on this site??
NOT cool and definitely NOT legit.
I just went to the memberships page and at the bottom, under the memberships box, i see the following:
Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring,
this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 10:35 AM

Yeah right. It says that but there wasn't any asterisk next to the "expiry" date.
Yet in PayPal I found two recurring subscriptions via Vertical Scope owned forums.

A quick google reveals this is their standard operating procedure and a lot of complaints about the same thing.

Utter nonsense. It's not the 15 bucks- it's the principle. Or rather it is the 15 bucks because they know most folks won't chase it this far if they even notice.

I recall when signing up I wasn't even given the option to NOT auto renew.

Well someone's getting rich off this shady business practice.

I will never again join a Verticalscope forum. I made the mistake if also joining triumphrat also run by vertical scope and I didn't even have an option to join for free.

THATS how money grubbing they are. Folks these guys don't care about education or enthusiasm. They care about $$. Join another forum!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Garage
Click image for larger version

Name:	paypal options.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	88025When you say it isn't next to the expiry date do you mean in the drop down menu where it says one year? I can see the asterisk when I see the option. If this was not the case for you I apologize, also are you saying you have a double subscription here? Lastly, Are you having trouble accessing paypal.com to cancel said subscription?
KN Community Support

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode