Unread/Read Message Behavior - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Unread/Read Message Behavior

The forum appears to mark messages as 'Read' when you log off the site even if you haven't read them.

Is there a setting I haven't noticed to change this behavior?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
I've noticed the last week or so that from my phone, I'm no longer showing unread, I need to go to time line to view threads, this with motorcycle.com app.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Lifetime Premium

I use the Motorcycle.com app also. I've noticed after I've read a thread, leave the thread and come back the same thread shows "unread". It's irrating. Seems like the app takes several hours to keep up with the threads I've read. It's the same for Timeline and Unread.

2002 VN1500P Mean Streak.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 10:11 PM

Really upsetting when going from tablet to phone also as they are not updates based on your login but appears to be localized to the device it is on.

Honestly this motorcycle.com spin off of tapatalk is a serious bust and let down.

Really wish this forum could be tapatalk enabled as it is leaps and bound better than motorcycle.com app

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Garage
An adjustment was made. Do you notice a difference?

~ Alan

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 01:37 PM

So I read the this thread on the computer. grabbed the phone, it showed me it was read! So looks good in aspect to that.

Now if only you could make a change to have it remember the last view we used on the motorcycle.com app so we wouldn't have to keep going in and changing it to say timeline or however else we prefer to view the forums
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
An adjustment was made. Do you notice a difference?

~ Alan
Actually, now it shows i have unread topics, listed in bold, going all the way back to May 11th

yet I check the forums pretty much daily.

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Yeah the "adjustment" also resulted in showing me previous posts I have read. Normally I click on new posts and am presented with 3-4 pages of new posts, today there were 8!

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Rider View Post
Yeah the "adjustment" also resulted in showing me previous posts I have read. Normally I click on new posts and am presented with 3-4 pages of new posts, today there were 8!
Sorry for not seeing the last post. I've reverted the changes.

Do you threads get marked as read when you visit the last page of a thread and remain marked?

~ Alan

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Sorry for not seeing the last post. I've reverted the changes.

Do you threads get marked as read when you visit the last page of a thread and remain marked?

~ Alan
The issue mentioned was only temporary and corrected itself within a couple days. I am not currently experiencing any issues. Not sure it was necessary to reverse the changes.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode