In thread ads - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
In thread ads

What's up with the in thread ads? If I have to listen to the Geico ad one more time when I click on a new thread, I'll scream.

I understand that the advertisers help keep the site alive, but there are plenty of ads around the threads, we don't need them in your face in every thread.

And don't tell me that if I upgrade my membership, they will go away - I am on other forums with more features that cost $0 and have NO ads - they operate on donations from the users - and they get enough donations to keep them up and running just fine (in fact I regularly give more than 3x the amount of a "membership" here every year - as do others).

Can the admin change the settings for the periphery ads again? If not . . . there are plenty of other forums out there . . .

2011 Voyager ABS

Thunder Air Kit
Cobra Tri Ovals/PowerPro
Wrapped Headers
CB/Rear Speakers
SageBrush Designs Tank Bib
Kury TourTech Mounts
Chrome Psgr board bottoms
14" Rifle Windshield
WOLO horn
Russell Day Long seat w/backrest
Kury T/S mirrors
Avon grips w/Throttle Magic by RacnRay
Kury Phase 6 LED Headlight & spotlights

Ride Bells by Sabrehood brothers MinatourAce and Outlaw

Blue Knights VA II
Ride With Pride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
The ads pay for the forum and it is expensive. I doubt they are going away anytime soon.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Garage
can you take a screen shot?

Sounds like the view a user has when not logged in, are you logged in?

Helena

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 09:11 AM

The pop up ads for apps are particularly annoying.. I did not see them for the first few weeks on here, but now they appear all the time and always seem to know exactly which post I'm trying to read. Do they go away with a donation? If so, hurry up and take my money. If not, I'm probably not long for here, they're that annoying.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrotta View Post
The pop up ads for apps are particularly annoying.. I did not see them for the first few weeks on here, but now they appear all the time and always seem to know exactly which post I'm trying to read. Do they go away with a donation? If so, hurry up and take my money. If not, I'm probably not long for here, they're that annoying.
Go into your UserCP and see if you might find some settings to disable that match your viewing preferences.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 12:52 PM

They come up as an auto play on each tread you click on when not signed in. Try signing in first that should help.

Ron
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 11:37 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Pearl White/Titanium
Can't stand the download pop ups every time I read thru a thread. I'm signed in and the pop ups are ridiculous
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron M View Post
They come up as an auto play on each tread you click on when not signed in. Try signing in first that should help.

Ron
These are not the video ads that get inserted into each thread. These are small pop up ads for apps not related to the site, that sit on top of the posts so you can't read them.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Garage
Go here https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/p...do=editprofile and make sure Intelliext ads are set to disable
KN Community Support

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
go here https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/p...do=editprofile and make sure intelliext ads are set to disable
kn community support
thank you!

I ride a 2005 Honda St1300

My wife rides a 2007 Vulcan 900 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode