Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on the new Harley’s?
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 06:49 PM
VN750Guy**
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2006
Displacement/CC's: 750
Color: Red/black
Garage
Another thought comes to mind again. I must commend Harley on picking the size-range of new bikes (1000-ish to 1200-ish). I have long, long thought Kawasaki is making a mistake in not having a true mid-sized offering. The 900 is nice but something in the 1200/1300 size range would be something great to have as an option.

Perhaps a downsized Nomad in that size/weight would be a great seller and go far in keeping the aging rider population in the saddle for longer periods of time.

I'm about to turn 64. My Vn750 weighs in at 483 lbs butt naked but with the bags/engine guard/highway pegs/luggage rack/windshield etc on it she easily passes 520 lbs without my fat ass on it.

As much as I REALLY would like to have a Nomad, I just don't want the extra weight. BUT, I wouldn't be put-off by a 1200/1300 bagger weighing in around 600 lbs.

Kawasaki needs to concentrate on making a true, mid sized cruiser/light touring machine. Something that gets good gas mileage yet has enough oomph to go cross country two-up, comfortably.

AND you can get the potato-potato-potato going.

Chris Cochran
Retired USAF '74 to '95 AMMO
Engine guard with highway pegs
Luggage rack
GPS on RAM handlebar mount
MCCTs replaced ACCTs
Iridium plugs: DPR7EIX-9
Custom made seat (verrry comfortable)
LED turn signals with rear signals relocated
LED license plate holder
Hard mounted Viking saddlebags
Hard mounted fork tool bag (free from Viking)
LED running lights on custom light bar
National Cycles Low Boy Heavy Duty windshield
Home made lowers

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome