Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums - View Single Post - Opinions wanted
Thread: Opinions wanted
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 08:07 AM
texasnurse
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: (SOLD) Kawasaki Vulcan S [Harley-Davidson FLXTRS Road Glide Special]
Displacement/CC's: 107 Stage II(1745)
Color: Bonneville Salt Pearl
Opinions wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom831 View Post
So from what I understand, on these kuryakyn grips, I'm not replacing the whole thing, just the outside part, but keeping my stock "throttle tube" that my throttle cables connect to? I am looking at part 6240 if I read what you said right. I looked at them before, and Avon too, but had trouble understanding.

The x grip/claw was same I was looking at, seemed decent, they make quality products.

That tank bag looks huge! Coincidentally, I've been looking at the 450m from Chase Harper. Chase Harper 450M Magnetic Tank Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GRR4OC..._MRMeAbA9MPB81

The backresr, throttle lock, windshield bag, and highway pegs are good advice. What kind of stuff do you keep in your windshield bag? I'm going to look at another windshield tomorrow that a local guy is selling, for $80. It looks pretty dang close to mine.

I can't afford a sena set right now, but found a cheap knockoff that seems to have some good reviews in the mean time. I'd like to be able to see who's calling, glance down at maps, change music at stop lights, etc easily however I listen to it though. The mount seems good for that. Have you seen RAM mounts?

Kuryakyn ISO Grip 6240 does not come with the throttle tube, it would come two glue on grips which utilize your existing throttle tube
ISO[emoji768]-Grips for 1" Bars, Chrome
Honda: All '10-'16 VT1300 Models, All '02-'08 VTX1800 Models, All '03-'09 VTX1300 Models, '09-'18 Fury, '04-'05 Rune, '98-'18 Shadow 750 Ace/Aero/Phantom, '17-'18 Rebel & '14-'15 Valkyrie
Suzuki: '95-'08 Intruder 1400 & Boulevard S83 Models, '95-'09 Intruder 800 & Boulevard S50 Models
Multi-Fit: Universal: 1" Diameter Handlebars
Multi-Fit Note: May require the removal of ribs on OEM throttle sleeves.

Saddle up and feel the wind in your Helmet! ATGATT

Last edited by texasnurse; 11-20-2017 at 08:14 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome