Clinton Township Michigan - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Clinton Township Michigan

Anyone around Clinton Township Michigan? It looks like I may be riding my Drifter out there for work related business and would probably have a free weekend to kill. What's the weather like towards the end of Sept/1st part of Oct?

-------------------------------------
'02 Vulcan 1500 Drifter
'07 Vulcan 900 Classic
'06 HD XL1200C
'76 HD XLH
Patriot Guard Rider
SCRC, Rolling Hills Chapter 314
-Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 07:06 AM

Mid 70's to 80's during the day. The morning and evening temps range in the 60's and sometime drop into the 50's. Temps cool off kind of quick in the evenings so be sure to have the jacket. Careful riding any of the highways in the Detroit area and burbs. Foolish drivers.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Thanx for the info man! Not necessarily looking forward to the work end of the trip, but definitely looking forward to a paid road trip on the Drifter

'02 Vulcan 1500 Drifter
'07 Vulcan 900 Classic
'06 HD XL1200C
'76 HD XLH
Patriot Guard Rider
-Rob

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 04:52 PM
wocka, wocka, wocka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsVn900 View Post
Anyone around Clinton Township Michigan?
k9,, that would be Mt Clemens area.. NE of Dirt City.. yeah wear your jacket going thru.. bullet proof one.

i know folks up that way,, but not recommend any worth riding with.. i think somebody from BadAxe, Mi chimed in once? the thumb is kinda lame riding.. now head over to lake mich/west coast ride it north to the bridge.. cross the Mighty Mac and work your way back to Kan'sass. that'd be ride worth doing.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 08:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
If you make it over to the Grand Rapids area, gimme a call. I will be out of work by then, and up for a day trip if you are. Always wanted to hit a couple roads in the north end of the state....might drag you along too!

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you.....Jesus Christ and the American Armed Forces Member. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

VROC#29260
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Villa View Post
k9,, that would be Mt Clemens area.. NE of Dirt City.. yeah wear your jacket going thru.. bullet proof one.
I've been warned...one of my riding friends grew up in D, he gave me fair warning..I've added a few miles to my route to avoid D, I have no love for cities anyway.

'02 Vulcan 1500 Drifter
'07 Vulcan 900 Classic
'06 HD XL1200C
'76 HD XLH
Patriot Guard Rider
-Rob
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
If you make it over to the Grand Rapids area, gimme a call. I will be out of work by then, and up for a day trip if you are. Always wanted to hit a couple roads in the north end of the state....might drag you along too!
Mapquest says I'll be 165 miles from Grand Rapids, might just take you up on that. I'll have Oct 1st and 2nd completely open for riding. Then back to class(work) on the 3rd. Right now I'm waiting on confirmation on schedules.

'02 Vulcan 1500 Drifter
'07 Vulcan 900 Classic
'06 HD XL1200C
'76 HD XLH
Patriot Guard Rider
-Rob
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 AM

Hey now, some of us grew up in the thumb. It's not that bad, especially going up and following the coastline. Get north of Flint and Saginaw and you get lots and lots of trees. If you were coming further north I'd say swing through Midland and say hi, so long as work says I can have a day off.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 07:28 AM
wocka, wocka, wocka

shammies,, yor talking to an old michigan man.. I spent the better part of 28yrs tooling all around this state. there isnt much of it I havent ridden, hiked, canoed and/or hunted. the Coast any where is always a good ride because it is the Coast, ie view of the water. the Thumb however is very flat, the roads are straight and... boring? lots of small game to shoot is all.. I rember. but the Left Coast, muskegon(?) ludington north was always a fun ride. lots of small towns on the coast,, well use ta be quaint villages.. dont know now its been more thirty years. things change? The bridge is always a challenge. and use to spend my summers in the kewanaw, nisula.. a yooper would know. ok, just my 2c. cut teeth on mich backroads.. lots of hard pack dirt on my old cb500four. ponchout

Last edited by Poncho Villa; 08-17-2011 at 06:32 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 06:25 PM

The left coast is prettier, mostly because until; you start to get way up into the thumb it's SE Michigan, i.e. Detroit. One thing though, the D isn't quite as bad as it was even a few years ago...the states population has been going down and most of it's been from Detroit, plus they been getting rid of a lot of the bad city leadership. The old mayor is down there with you in TX now
Flint and parts of Saginaw are the places to fear and avoid now. Fill up when you start getting close and stay on the highway until yer through.

From where I'm at, head north or west and it's all nice. Gotta get up into the UP on a bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode